Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rockin', clickin, aggravatin' seat noise fix

The passenger and driver's seat both had a slight rock to them, maybe eighth inch slack in the seat adjustment mechanism, causing them to make an annoying clicking sound when you lean back or move around in the seat. After not finding a solution by tightening anything, and observing the visible rock or slack movement under the seat in the adjusting mechanism I decided on a fix for now. It worked, no more rock. No more noise! :)

I wedged a piece of solid oak under the bolt/joint that was making the noise. This bolt would not tighten any further. Used a hammer and it's wedged in there very tight and hopefully it'll just stay there. You can still move the entire seat forward and backward and the back of the seat still has full movement. You just can't tilt the seat bottom up or down. We've been in the van long enough to find our comfort position for tilt and height of the seat bottom so probably won't need to make that adjustment again, we'll see. I have figured a solution using metal but won't go that route unless necessary as it'll be a bit more work. The black plastic housing when reinstalled hides all this completely.

I saw some posts where folks with swivel seats were complaining of rock or slop in their seats and am wondering if this isn't the cause of their problem also and not the swivels themselves. Or maybe both. Just a thought.

Sorry can't get the photo to upload! :( Will try a fresh post.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Finally, here's the photo for the previous post. Left side of driver's seat looking from driver side door opening. I guess somethin' in the previous just didden like the photo. :|

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a squeak in the drivers seat, not constant or super loud but enough to bug me, for sure. I'm trying to resist the temptation to lube everything underneath. If anyone has a clue for me as to a likely culprit I will be grateful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts