Ram Promaster Forum banner

221 - 240 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
one more question about the stereo setup with the maestro - can you set the clock with it (not just on the head unit, but on dash)?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I used 3M VHB and covered with LAP sealant. I went ahead and put a couple of sheet metal screws in each panel under the LAP sealant to make myself feel better, but the 3M tape should be plenty enough. Between the 3M tape and the LAP, no way those small screws would ever leak.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
one more question about the stereo setup with the maestro - can you set the clock with it (not just on the head unit, but on dash)?
Yes, when you change the time on the stereo it changes it on the vans dash cluster.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I used 3M VHB and covered with LAP sealant. I went ahead and put a couple of sheet metal screws in each panel under the LAP sealant to make myself feel better, but the 3M tape should be plenty enough. Between the 3M tape and the LAP, no way those small screws would ever leak.
I already have some lap Sealant so I'm going to go with the vhb and that. If it doesn't feel solid I'll out a screw in there. The Amazon carrier lost my vhb....

My fridge arrived today and I have a couple screws holding it in already. I'll have to do some special sizing and cutting to get the cabinet door to fit and look good, plus make a brace for the left side of the fridge.

It is a Dometic CD-50 drawer style fridge with a freezer that is removable.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Thanks!

Did a little work on a frame to go around the fridge. It will also help strengthen the cabinet. I painted it with the same killz latex primer stuff that I bought with the floor. It got too dark for me to finish, but I plan to make another brace to go across the cabinet to keep the back of the fridge firmly planted. The only mounting holes for the fridge are two on each side at the front so just another board over the back of the fridge tied into the cabinet on both sides should be plenty.

In that cabinet I already have two anchors through the floor, three on the wall, and one on the middle area of the tall cabinet. I will do one at the top of the tall cabinet and possibly a third brace through the floor.

I still need to power up the fridge just to make sure I don't have a doa unit or some problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am just starting my build and thought that the Ikea bed rails and brackets would save me time and money. Found them on Amazon for 29.77 ea. and 29.97 ea. total would be $180. Where did you get these parts for $55?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
I am just starting my build and thought that the Ikea bed rails and brackets would save me time and money. Found them on Amazon for 29.77 ea. and 29.97 ea. total would be $180. Where did you get these parts for $55?
I bought them at Ikea directly. They finally opened one up near me. Check their website. They will ship some items if you are not near them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Report on that fridg when you have used it a month. I almost went that way.
Will do.

Getting closer to finishing up the cabinet fitment around the fridge.

Couple details left. Working on adding a push button latch to the big drawer under the cooktop.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Pic of the bike on the van when I stopped to fuel up.

I just ordered some better straps. It's a little unnerving having that thing on there at first. I took a short drive and had the rear camera on keeping an eye on it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Like captainrob, we got ours at an IKEA store, too. The Skorva bed rails and slats are both in IKEA's online catalog. The rail brackets (#116791) are separate, as are the white plastic nubs (and screws) that go on the rails to hold the slats taut. Unfortunately, none of that is in the catalog. Like others here, we got those bits at the IKEA Returns & Parts Counter (free!).

·
Registered
3,213 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
captainrob can we get a side shot with the bike on the back?

thanks
Didn't take a side shot, but will do next time I have the bike loaded.

The handlebar is very close to the door. So close I didn't have it strapped as tight as I should have apparently because it tapped the door. I might also cut off about an inch or so of the bars width because I have aftermarket bars and people often cut them down because they come very wide. And I'll also make a pad to fit over the inside bar end to protect the door in case it touches again. The bike had a forward and aft movement at times that by better strapping I should be able to bring down to a minimum.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
I'm learning about this wfco that I believe you are always talking about RD?

I have a victron solar charger and can also charge from the alternator via a switch, but would like to add in shore power that will switch over to the house batteries automatically when not plugged in. It looks like this thing will do the trick?

I have no need of any ac outlets, but will this creates some while I'm plugged in? I see a spot for AC breakers in the pics I think and I guess if I'm plugged in it'd be nice to have the option to run something like a toaster or? Haha

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
It has a battery charging circuit built in for when you plug in. The DC and AC110v is also supplied then too off the shore power. It allows the DC to be supplied automatically when not plugged in. It has no on-off switch, just plug in and you are on shore power and the batteries are charging too. Unplug and you are on your batteries and there is no AC being provided. Yes it has one “main” breaker for it’s feed line and 2 or 4 or more breakers for the AC output,depending on which one you buy. These things have been used in RVs for many years. It handles the grounding properly too.
I didn’t realize I was always talking about it. I try to blather on about other things too.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
It has a battery charging circuit built in for when you plug in. The DC and AC110v is also supplied then too off the shore power. It allows the DC to be supplied automatically when not plugged in. It has no on-off switch, just plug in and you are on shore power and the batteries are charging too. Unplug and you are on your batteries and there is no AC being provided. Yes it has one “main” breaker for it’s feed line and 2 or 4 or more breakers for the AC output,depending on which one you buy. These things have been used in RVs for many years. I handles the grounding properly too.
I didn’t realize I was always talking about it. I try to blather on about other things too.
Your description was way more informative than anything I'd read in ads on Amazon etc. That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you. Yes, I thought maybe you had stock in these lol, but if you hadn't mentioned them a few times I wouldn't have finally realized that it's what fits my needs!

Having the three chargers all hooked up to the battery with possibly two charging at the same time won't cause any problems?

Solar and shore could be at the same time and solar and alternator could be at the same time. Since I don't have any fancy all in one unit do I need to turn off solar when using the alternator for example or the shore?

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
No. I don’t have any of them turned off so I can be driving, solar on or be parked plugged in and solar on. If I start the van nothing happens either. I do have a switch on the solar but it is never off.
I have no interest in these except I bought one and it works, and has all the AC and DC breakers and fuses circuits I needed. You have to buy your own breakers and fuses BTW.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
No. I don’t have any of them turned off so I can be driving, solar on or be parked plugged in and solar on. If I start the van nothing happens either. I do have a switch on the solar but it is never off.
I have no interest in these except I bought one and it works, and has all the AC and DC breakers and fuses circuits I needed. You have to buy your own breakers and fuses BTW.
Sounds like it'll work. I have plenty of fuses and I bet the garage I'm working in has some breakers laying around. My friend owned an electrical company.

I'm thinking about putting a cabinet around the wheel well and putting these into that with ventilation or onto a separate board and laying it all out and then installing the board. Just thinking out loud here kinda.

221 - 240 of 320 Posts