Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Road and Track recently reviewed the Ram Promaster, and it had mostly really nice things to say.

It must have been the echo that gave it away. I spent a solid hour crawling around inside of the 2014 Ram Promaster after it arrived at the house. I was in love. The big, gangly European utility van is properly weird. It’s ugly. It sacrifices everything at the altar of functionality. I wanted to use the **** out of it.
Road and Track used the Promaster to transport an old Kawasaki motorbike to Charlottesville, Virginia, then move on to Harrisonburg, and Bowling Green, Kentucky for delivery of the R&T long-term Corvette Stingray.

The good news is that the motorcycle fits in the back of the Promaster easily.

Though the look of the Promaster is not given great marks, everything else seems to work fine.

...It’s a perfectly civil monstrosity. The ride’s comfortable, there’s a foolish amount of power, and the tall ride height means you have the kind of view that would give most con towers performance anxiety.
Road and Track even does a little brief comparison with some rivals as far as hauling capacity goes.

Technically, the Promaster 1500 has a 3922-lb payload capacity. That’s over 800 lbs more than the most capable Ford F-150 on sale right now. I’m not just picking on Ford. The Promaster can also out-haul the Ram 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado by embarrassingly large margins. For perspective, you could cut up an entire Honda Accord, including the well-fed family inside, stack the bits in the back of this van, and still be under capacity.
Check out the full review through this link --> http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/web-originals/clifford-the-big-red-promaster

·
Registered
654 Posts
This is why I don't buy R&T anymore, it's a nice colorful article, but geez there was a time when R&T got technical, not even a MPG report. Lame review, I was expecting more.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This is why I don't buy R&T anymore, it's a nice colorful article, but geez there was a time when R&T got technical, not even a MPG report. Lame review, I was expecting more.
Yup, even consumer reports is like this. I don't think car and driver have gone downhill yet, hopefully they dont

1 - 3 of 3 Posts