Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the sun visor for the first time yesterday morning, terrible design., Why did they angle it? It is terrible to use. Part of your field of view is blocked because of this stupid angle. It never ends these days.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hate to say it but my peeve is the lack of a mirror. The angle is fine for me, but it's no special piece of equipment. I go polarized shades and call it good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I hate to say it but my peeve is the lack of a mirror. The angle is fine for me, but it's no special piece of equipment. I go polarized shades and call it good.
I use polarized sunglass but I need the visor. The angle is awful, instead of having an equally shaded area relative to the road, you have less shading to the left and way too much on the right, you have to constantly adjust it. Just plain stupid. I don't believe I have ever used one like this. What possible reason could they have designed it like this, it is a burden to be sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hahahaha!!!...

I agree...the visor is a POS design and overall functionality is defeated by this fact...and to make things worse...my visor would not stay "up"...it would constantly fall down, and be right at that point where it is irritating...after removing it once and trying to adjust it, I came to figure out that it was installed onto the arm wrong at the factory, and I broke the arm trying to get it right. P...O...S...
New visor from dealer is $250...you crazy.
...it is currently being held in it's home place position with velcro...:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
I hate to say it but my peeve is the lack of a mirror...
In Saturday morning traffic on the 55, on the way to the beach, you will see plenty of young ladies putting on their make up as they drive. The only thing like that more amazing is to see some of them with their cell phones up to their ear in their left hand while making all the waving talking gestures with their right hand and steering with their leg.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In Saturday morning traffic on the 55, on the way to the beach, you will see plenty of young ladies putting on their make up as they drive. The only thing like that more amazing is to see some of them with their cell phones up to their ear in their left hand while making all the waving talking gestures with their right hand and steering with their leg.

Yeah that's TOTALLY what I do. Except I usually am texting and posting to my many friends on media. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hahahaha!!!...

I agree...the visor is a POS design and overall functionality is defeated by this fact...and to make things worse...my visor would not stay "up"...it would constantly fall down, and be right at that point where it is irritating...after removing it once and trying to adjust it, I came to figure out that it was installed onto the arm wrong at the factory, and I broke the arm trying to get it right. P...O...S...
New visor from dealer is $250...you crazy.
...it is currently being held in it's home place position with velcro...:D
The passenger side visor on my van wouldn't stay up. The dealer replaced it under warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
lilbox

I use polarized sunglass but I need the visor. The angle is awful, instead of having an equally shaded area relative to the road, you have less shading to the left and way too much on the right, you have to constantly adjust it. Just plain stupid. I don't believe I have ever used one like this. What possible reason could they have designed it like this, it is a burden to be sure.
When up, it lines up with the edge of the overhead storage shelf which tapers toward the door for headroom as you exit. Agree however, it's annoying when down for shading. Seems unnecessary form at the expense of function IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When up, it lines up with the edge of the overhead storage shelf which tapers toward the door for headroom as you exit. Agree however, it's annoying when down for shading. Seems unnecessary form at the expense of function IMO.
There is no significance to it lining up with the top shelf. It should be straight across with no angle like every other visor I have ever seen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used the sun visor for the first time yesterday morning, terrible design., Why did they angle it? It is terrible to use. Part of your field of view is blocked because of this stupid angle. It never ends these days.
OK, so I took a minute over coffee to look up sun visor attachments (it oddly felt like looking up those octogenarian sunglasses covers) and after seeing some very interesting contraptions I think it would be quite easy to ad a removable piece to that cut off part of the visor, one that velcros or magnetizes to the visor and flips down to help a person out. If it starts to annoy me I might make one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, so I took a minute over coffee to look up sun visor attachments (it oddly felt like looking up those octogenarian sunglasses covers) and after seeing some very interesting contraptions I think it would be quite easy to ad a removable piece to that cut off part of the visor, one that velcros or magnetizes to the visor and flips down to help a person out. If it starts to annoy me I might make one.

What I am going to do it cut off the angle part and simply make it straight like it should be. I am trying to come up with a way to finish it off so it looks official.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
I love the lower angle...I'm short and finally a visor that shields my eyes when the sun's going down!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts