Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Promaster 3500 Silver high top 159"
502 Posts
I used these folks to generate an appraisal that was used for the agreed value insurance (Nationwide, in my case). They appraised my van ~$25k over what I put into it. I supplies them with the spreadsheet of all expenses. That might have helped.

I really like Nationwide.

Brittany Lane
[email protected]
Toll Free (877) 988-9911
Fax (281) 547-0919

www.autoappraisers.com

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I used these folks to generate an appraisal that was used for the agreed value insurance (Nationwide, in my case). They appraised my van ~$25k over what I put into it. I supplies them with the spreadsheet of all expenses. That might have helped.

I really like Nationwide.

Brittany Lane
[email protected]
Toll Free (877) 988-9911
Fax (281) 547-0919

www.autoappraisers.com
This is who I was emailing also and gave the crap appraisal. Same girl and email address, but the appraisal was generated by a guy named Patrick.

But they didn't actually appraise it, or take anything in the build into account. They pulled 3 random vans of the same year and averaged them. None of the vans had awning, heater, wheel and shock upgrades, swivel seats, sound system, cab speaker upgrades, and most were missing most other appliances. All had much cheaper builds and none had more than half as much solar. Only one had lithium.

All would have needed minimum $10,000 in additional components, not counting installation, to bring them up to what I have.

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
4,632 Posts
This is who I was emailing also and gave the crap appraisal. Same girl and email address, but the appraisal was generated by a guy named Patrick.

But they didn't actually appraise it, or take anything in the build into account. They pulled 3 random vans of the same year and averaged them. None of the vans had awning, heater, wheel and shock upgrades, swivel seats, sound system, cab speaker upgrades, and most were missing most other appliances. All had much cheaper builds and none had more than half as much solar. Only one had lithium.

All would have needed minimum $10,000 in additional components, not counting installation, to bring them up to what I have.
I would say no one knows the value of your build better than you @aaronmcd

As @larry barello suggested, a well detailed spreadsheet with replacement costs for all materials & equipment sent to an appraiser is a good method of getting a proper assessment done. Also, put a value onto the labour as if a “shop” were to build the van.

You have worked hard on your build & from what I have seen you did a very good job for your 1st van - the labour was not free if needed to be replaced by insurance. A van build of your quality I would suspect a “Shop” would charge $20K to $30K. Another rule of thumb for this is whatever your build cost for materials & equipment you could just allow the same value for labour/shop (ie just double it). I would put it in as a line item in your spreadsheet.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts