Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband is retiring this summer and I can work on the road, so we have been researching to death floor plans and assessing our must-haves while looking for a good Promaster 159'.
I have lived for a year in one of the old VW campervans in Europe, so know the basics that we need. We went to look at a Concord B+ vehicle but it is just not us. Too much wood everywhere, too much weight, and needless things that we won't use. We want to keep it simple. Mainly gas and solar.
I was thrilled to find this site and have been reading like there was no tomorrow! I'm an Irish lass in America married to a wonderful American. When we are not travelling throughout Europe, we will be using our van to travel throughout America and Canada.
Here is a photo of myself and my old VW camper in England. I regret the day I sold her!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,677 Posts
You'll fine a lot of VW converts here. I call my PM the Vanagon that runs. Welcome.

We have traveled and hiked a good bit in Europe. We're saving Ireland for our old age. They speak English (sorta).

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Enjoy the hubby's retirement and the next leg of the adventure.

For my wife and i we began the van-life with a 1980 WESTY, and dug the simplicity we carried over the WESTY mentality in our Van1 (a chevy express awd high-top camper) and now in Van2 (2017 159" PM) we went WESTY in the design and created a funcional, simple setup. The PM's are nice platforms to build on.

Thom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! I loved my VW camper, and am having fun planning out our Promaster 159. We are keeping it as simple as we can while being able to be on the road for months at a time. I like your build!
Rose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts