Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being new a reference to old post frustrate me.....looked for MsNover post on her airry van interior.....could someone repost or explain to this poor neewb where and how to do search

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
Go to the search box on the top right of the site and enter your search parameters.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,518 Posts
It is referenced in my signature below my post as Hiker's Paradise. If you go directly, you will find no photos thanks to greedy Photobucket. Ziggy reports that there is a Chrome extension to bring them back.

My van does indeed feel as light and airy as it appears in the photos. I savor rainy days as well as sunny ones.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sorry. Should have mentioned that I haven't tested a good mobile solution for this.

IOS/Apple Chrome does not accept plugins due to Apple's restrictive security policies :( (I switch from my beloved iPad to a desktop to do this trick)

I don't use my Android stuff much, but policies in that environment are less restrictive. I'll charge one of my Android tablets and see if I can test a solution this weekend.

Works great with Chrome on both PC and Apple desktops and laptops, I can report.

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,518 Posts
Forum member dttocs has provided me (and you) a bandaid. He has archived my threads and posted them: https://msnomer.neocities.org/ I will put this link in my sig line.

He has also shown me a workaround for Wordpress so I can continue that pursuit. Many thanks to dttocs, and to Ziggy, also, for his workaround.

This Photobucket snafu has been enlightening. I had no idea how many folks wanted to see my photos.

Teaser: This morning I am excited as I put the finishing touches on my shower stall. Imagine a 2' x 3' shower stall (with an asterisk) whose entire superstructure weighs about a pound and goes up and down in less than a minute. When erected, there is still access to the counter and all drawers, and the potty can be in place. Front seats are blocked, but we can still function as it dries. I will probably try postimage for its photos.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,518 Posts
Forum member dttocs has archived my build thread and my Webasto thread and posted them here:

https://msnomer.neocities.org/msnomer/hikers-paradise.html

I will put this link in my sig line. Many thanks to him and to Ziggy for helping with this dilemma.

Dttocs has also shown me how to make Wordpress work better, so I will continue with that project. Photobucket's greed has made me more aware of how many folks are interested.

Teaser: I am putting the finishing touches on a 2' x 3' (with an asterisk) shower stall whose superstructure weighs less than a pound and goes up and down in less than a minute. With it up, we can still access the counter, all drawers and the potty, so it can be left up to dry. For that post, I will try postimage for the photos.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tks to all involved for repost of build....been thru twice and am still overwhelmed with info and amt of work still to be done.....one question....where is your air located??? I see u have vent and some exhaust.....but what type of air.....my 1st thing I guess will be to coat paint loss with rust (I hate to sand)on floor where mat was removed and paint with rustoleum...any thoughts and suggestion s appreciated....thks for your attention....cool in va....heading to mouseland for tksgiving

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,518 Posts
Tks to all involved for repost of build....been thru twice and am still overwhelmed with info and amt of work still to be done.....one question....where is your air located??? I see u have vent and some exhaust.....but what type of air.....my 1st thing I guess will be to coat paint loss with rust (I hate to sand)on floor where mat was removed and paint with rustoleum...any thoughts and suggestion s appreciated....thks for your attention....cool in va....heading to mouseland for tksgiving
I'm not understanding your question. I don't have air conditioning. For air circulation, I open windows and set the MaxAir to exhaust. I think the Rustoleum is an excellent idea. In retrospect, if one had the time and money, it would be an excellent idea to have the whole interior cargo area painted before anything else. The interior paint can almost be scraped off with a fingernail.

Hiking gives one a perspective useful for this project. Put one foot in front of the other, then do it again, knowing that you will eventually get there. At the time, I thought I was going at a snail's pace, but as I go back through my thread, I see that three weeks into the project, we had MaxAir, insulation, and a finished ceiling.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tks....I was assuming air condition and saw reference to exhaust but not what exhaust was from...fan and Windows....now I am understanding....tks for clearing the up for me....
My next confussion is in RD's post on $700 complete electrical system....are the 2 100 watt solar panels mounted on roof or mobile as in when stopped taken outside and setup on ground???? and how does one vent a battery?????
just take a cap off....how long....how often.....take batteries outside to vent.....lot to learn

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok found someone repost of RD build....now understand how he mounted his solar panels/with alum L bracket made.....is venting the battery just putting holes in plywood box/cabinet or holes with pipe to underside of van????? Still not clear on this.....btw is there a vent for human gases?????? Looking to getting this vent thing figured out!!!!!! tks for your attention

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The vent I used was for a wooden box I built for my batteries. It has no bottom and the batteries are sitting on the van floor on a mat. The box is sealed on its corners and the cover is sealed with foam tape. There is a hole drilled in the box top and a vent hose slopes upward to a fixture on the side of the van. The gas you are venting is Hydrogen, a potentially explosive product of fast charging and discharge of the lead-acid of the battery. It is much lighter than air and will move upwards but not down which is why mine goes out the side of the van. There are rooftop vents. Many feel venting is not necessary and my previous RV had none. I purchased this vent kit:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007HRQF3K/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new[/ame]

Human gases are discouraged in our camper. If any occur we have awning windows open almost all the time and a Fantastic Vent on the roof!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aye ha....light bulb.....
Y'all seem to camp in spring/fall...or get higher elevation where it is cooler in summer....it's 3 days to Yellowstone and even black hills were hot in July....Sept It snows in Yellowstone.....mitchell sd is hot....not sure how to post picture from phone....do not see toggle.....others seem to use url???????Tks for your attention

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
my sister lives just north of the university.....I take the greenway from Sanford.....there will be construction on I4 around mouse house for the next 5 years.....never go there....I like Gatorland in Feb/March when hatching of all type of chicks.....the nest are a foot off of elevated walkway over swamp.the one sw of orlando....also no bugs....love the heron chicks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts