Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am planning a camper build in a 3500 extended PM. One of the offered PM from dealers has a sliding door window from factory. I don't care much about that window since I want to replace it with a CRL windows that opens and has a screen.

I was just wondering since there's already a window there and so there's already a hole cut in the metal of the door, will the CRL window fit directly in this hole? I would be disappointed to buy that van and end up not being able to fit the CRL window because the hole is different !

Anyone did this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
Here's what I do know...

The factory sliding door glass is glued in
CRL makes a direct replacement glue in window for it
CRL also makes a cut-a-hole and clamp in window for the sliding door

But

I believe CRL only makes a cut-a-hole and clamp in window with vents...
Not sure if the hole is the same...I would think they would not make a glue in for the slider if a clamp in would work...

Not the answer you are looking for, but hopefully some useful info.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Eddie!

I will try to stay clear of sliding door window... I guess that's the best way to make sure that CRL opening widow will fit! ;-)

Marck

Here's what I do know...

The factory sliding door glass is glued in
CRL makes a direct replacement glue in window for it
CRL also makes a cut-a-hole and clamp in window for the sliding door

But

I believe CRL only makes a cut-a-hole and clamp in window with vents...
Not sure if the hole is the same...I would think they would not make a glue in for the slider if a clamp in would work...

Not the answer you are looking for, but hopefully some useful info.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
There's lots of spaces for cut in windows... my PM came with slider door and rear door window package.... I added windows for all other positions.

Not sure I'd make the inclusion or lack of the slider door window a deal breaker...especially if you find a 3500 EXT on a lot and it checks all of your other boxes!

Good luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Eddie!

Living in Canada and extending my camping season until december, I try to have not too many windows to have good insulation on the walls. I was planning on putting opening CRL windows in the sliding door and also just behind the driver. The only windows in the back will be opening ones... Of course, I will be running a Propex heater in there in december! haha!

·
Registered
371 Posts
The CRL window for the slider only has the back panel opening. The front panel is fixed. And if that window is open when you close the slider it rattles like anything.

We have an opening CRL on the drivers side opposite the door - both panels open. If I were doing it again I would consider buying a van that had a factory window in the slider. With the drivers side window, a roof vent and an internal fan we get plenty of ventilation.

One thing to note is not having any window in the slider made some intersections nearly impossible to see if anything was coming from the right side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts