Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,510 Posts
Worth noting...

The CRL windows for the slider door come in 2 varieties.... one for replacement in a van that has already has an OEM window in it (it glues in), and one for a new install where there is sheet metal there before install (you cut a hole and then it clamps in. I believe that the clamp in model will not work in a slider where you unglue the factory window.... worth verifying before you order, because I don't think they offer a glue in version of the T vented window... but I'm not sure.... as I say, worth verifying!

Also, the OEM 2014 tint is greener and lighter than the CRL tint. Ram went to a darker tint in 2015 that matches the CRL tint.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worth noting...

The CRL windows for the slider door come in 2 varieties.... one for replacement in a van that has already has an OEM window in it (it glues in), and one for a new install where there is sheet metal there before install (you cut a hole and then it clamps in. I believe that the clamp in model will not work in a slider where you unglue the factory window.... worth verifying before you order, because I don't think they offer a glue in version of the T vented window... but I'm not sure.... as I say, worth verifying!

Also, the OEM 2014 tint is greener and lighter than the CRL tint. Ram went to a darker tint in 2015 that matches the CRL tint.
Thanks I will give them a call before ordering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts