Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I was just at the dealer for the recall on the radiator fan (2500 high top) and they informed me I have a radiator leak on the driver's side side tank (see photo). I'm thinking of doing it myself, wondering if anyone else has experience or tips with this? Also, having trouble finding the part number the dealer mentioned (5204720AA) - they also said it was backordered and $1300!!! On mopar online searches, I'm finding what I think is a compatible for ~ $300 (68210641AB)? Like this:
Anything else I need?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,376 Posts
Get some radiator stop leak and they do work for small leaks. The part # the dealer gave you most likely is for a jeep just add a 1 between the 0_4 for a 10 digit part # and a Jeep rad comes up. I don't think you need any thing but the correct coolant unless you break something, it's been done before you'll have to do the search.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried doing a search (on this site or on google / youtube?) - I was using "replace radiator" and didn't get much on this site.. mostly about fans or people complaining about dealers
Do you think that part number I linked would work? It is half the price of the chryster/jeep part number?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am working on a wrecked low roof one right now. Auction broke the radiator. Got one on ebay for under $150. I really didnt see a difference between the broken original one and the replacement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you detach the transmission cooler from the radiator? Or maybe I have the wrong part because it doesn't have the transmission cooler :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
figured it out - two plastic tabs hold them together on either side. There was very little info online about how to do this in general and I had to just guess but I figured it out. Also not sure if it is necessary to burp the radiator because the design of the fill reservoir seems to make this unnecessary?

This is what the tab on the trans cooler looks like (that pops into the radiator on top)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts