Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some items that two dealers have looked at. Parts are on order because the dealers told me that the parts are not available yet to stock at the dealership. These problems occurred within the first three weeks (8000 miles):

All the brakes sqeek loudly and continuously at low speeds.

The telescoping steering wheel slides back to its lowest position.

The backup sensors stopped working.

The rear suspension squeaks, has been regreased, and still squeaks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Ducato Maxi is almost identical in these parts, but hasn't these problems.
It's a mature product. Probably they have to fix something in the assembling line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having similar problems.at 7,000 miles The squaling brakes and the rear suspension noises.

I hope my rear parking sensors don't give up , I don't have a rear camera and do a lot of parking in tight spaces

·
Registered
166 Posts
squeaky brakes, any pedal pulses to indicate warped rotors? what sort of rear suspension noises are we talking about here?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am having similar problems.at 7,000 miles The squaling brakes and the rear suspension noises.

I hope my rear parking sensors don't give up , I don't have a rear camera and do a lot of parking in tight spaces
Are you getting any weird feeling from the brakes or what?
If it's just a sound it could just be the pads, some pad materials are known to be like that.

can you record it?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've mentioned this before elsewhere in the forum, but the 3500 dually Sprinters have the brake squeal problem too. (other Sprinter GVW's may also, but have never owned one)
Anyway, it usually shows up after the first 7 to 8k miles. The pads are ceramic and the 3 dealers I've dealt with on this say it's normal for them. We just live with it....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm having the same brake squealing and suspension squeaking in my 159" 2500. My brakes have squealed at low speed from the start. I thought they were just settling in, but it's not bothering me as much as the suspension. That started at about 800 miles. It's only on one side of the rear. I've isolated it to the rear leaf spring bushing. My guess is it wasn't properly greased in assembly and doesn't actually need new parts. But the hassle of taking it in for service has prevented me from dealing with it . . .

I was also having problems with a really annoying squeaking from the side door. But I fixed that by adjusting the upper door catch. The rear doors are squeaking a bit, but I have attempt to fix them yet. Looking forward to getting this to be quieter.

I am really enjoying the van. Drives like a dream. Very happy with the driving position.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a pm 3500 159wb . The brakes started squealing about 1500 miles and still at 2800 miles but only at low speed when almost stopped. It does not bother me because everything else is so nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm going deaf

I have to wear ear plugs my brakes squeal so bad. I have talked to Ram corporate and because there is no asbestos it is the metal in the pads that squeal. I hope they address the pad issue because is very embarrassing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could a guy just change out the pads if they squeal so bad? They brag about those brakes on Ram's website...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sounds like the owners will see a TSB at some point in the future for a brake squeal issue. Or if it's a safety item, a recall.
Too many folks on this forum have complained about the same issues

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another squeaky brake PM ... started at about 2k miles, but then the first 2k were all highway bringing it and gear home.

I also have an issue with fuel filling, see the other thread on that one.

Aside from that, I like it a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dealer fixed the backup sensors, a broken wire. My father, who has been replacing brakes on cars and trucks for 40 years, told me that the loud brakes are caused by the material Chrysler uses in their brake pads, and that I should get another brand. We'll see, the new pads just arrived at the dealership.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Moaning Brakes

Brakes started moaning in the fronts and squealing in the rear at 300 miles. there was a scraping noise in the passenger rear at low speeds after being parked for awhile. At 2500 miles now and the squeal and moaning is pretty bad. Need to bring it in for service.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts