Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have info on repair manuals for the 'City' model? Both Chiltons and Haynes aren't offering books for it. I'd like to know what's behind them panels, and what the electrical systems look like when conjuring up ideas. I have built up interiors and stuff for vans before, but always had a Haynes by my side to keep me out of trouble. Am I stuck with YouTube?

My buggy's is a 2015 passenger wagon SLT that I'm gonna take the backseats out of and panel the back interior, adding drawers and pockets where I can....soundproofing, too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too have been trying to find a promaster city repair for a reasonable price without success. Anybody out there have any leads?
I did a bunch of sound proofing on my promaster city, I used second skin after a bunch of research, made a huge difference and was a descent price in comparison, but still not cheap. I also used https://bodyguardvanliners.com/collections/ram-promaster, they fit well, look nice, but weren’t cheap. My only complaint with bodyliners is they said there is sound dampening built in with them, they are only plastic panels, nothing more. I’m sure that adds to the sound dampening, but not really built in or anything extra as advertised.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Anyone have info on repair manuals for the 'City' model? Both Chiltons and Haynes aren't offering books for it. I'd like to know what's behind them panels, and what the electrical systems look like when conjuring up ideas. I have built up interiors and stuff for vans before, but always had a Haynes by my side to keep me out of trouble. Am I stuck with YouTube?

My buggy's is a 2015 passenger wagon SLT that I'm gonna take the backseats out of and panel the back interior, adding drawers and pockets where I can....soundproofing, too.
I was going to buy the owners manual from dodge dealership except it was $100......u can fight the online version.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't talking about the owner's manual. I got that with the car. A Chilton's or Hayne's manual shows how the car is put together. Everything from maintenance to rebuilding the engine. I've always had one for each vehicle I owned 'cause i could see if'n I had the wherewithal to do the repairs myself or to oversee the shop work. It also helps decide if'n an idea is viable or not...before I tear it down. Can I soften the suspension? How? I see parts in the catalog, but do they really work? How do i get the ceiling out and still put it back intact? 'Answers' is the issue. I need a breakdown from knowledgeable people and I can't find any.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. but on my PT Cruiser, I put a hinge on the covering plywood to access the footwells, where I had a couple of bins for stuff. A small brace in the center held that end up.
[/url]PT bed kit by MïK Watson, on Flickr[/IMG] I'm planning the same kind of thing. I payed this forward after giving up the late wife's PT.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still no word on manuals for the 'City' model of Promaster vans? I need, especially, electrical info, to see if I should waste my time on an idea. Knowing if taking out the grill (I H8 the painted plastic) easily is a pipe dream, if bed mattress/headliner idea is viable, or where is the electric power in the back end and will it support an AC convertor well enuf to brew coffee?... I need input.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More Input

Still no word on manuals for the 'City' model of Promaster vans?
Is the 'service' manual a good replacement for a Haynes or Chilton's that a nudnik like me can asscertain how things are put together?... I need input.

/Yes, both 'nudnik' (a norwegian term meaning 'nudnik') and 'asscertain' (you know what I mean) were intentional.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uff Da Haida! I don't want it to do the work for me, just tell me what I got. $140 for a CD, that doesn't cover everything, or even guarantee the info is up-to-date. Thanks anyways, Mike... but I rather drill holes and perform auto archeology than spend all my money to get possible info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best Diagnostic & Repair Information for PMC

Ran into same problem years ago. ALLDATADIY is amazing. Pay 30 dollars a year per vehicle and you will have a mechanics secret weapon in your back pocket. Breaks the entire van down, explains and even specs how many hours it should take on replacements. Don't waste your money on the CD's .... Use what mechanics use behind the scene. Hope this helps anyone that may read it. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best Diagnostic & Repair Information for PMC
Dodge Ram ProMaster City 2015-2016 Factory Workshop Service Repair Manual ....ebay....25 bucks....DVD mailed to your door

Ran into same problem years ago. ALLDATADIY is amazing. Pay 30 dollars a year per vehicle and you will have a mechanics secret weapon in your back pocket. Breaks the entire van down, explains and even specs how many hours it should take on replacements. Don't waste your money on the CD's .... Use what mechanics use behind the scene. Hope this helps anyone that may read it. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dodge Ram ProMaster City 2015-2016 Factory Workshop Service Repair Manual ......includes wiring diagram and diagnostic....ebay....25 bucks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts