Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you mak
I bought a Promaster with the factory wood-composite floor installed. My plan for the floor is as follows:

1) Remove the factory floor
2) Install 0.375" strips of Minicell between the ribs in the floor, using a dab of 3M 90 to secure these strips in place
3) Float a 0.25" layer of Minicell on top of the ribs
4) Reinstall the factory floor

I've already removed the factory floor. (Removal was easy peasy -- took about 10 minutes.) My questions is this: Is there a need to remove the globs of glue from the factory floor before laying the Minicell and reattaching the floor? I'm not sure whether the glue might cause any squeaks. (I'm allergic to squeaks. 馃榿)

Registered
Unless there are some unusually high spots, then I'd say removing it is pointless. I'd also have to question the usefulness of glued down minicell foam strips, or in using minicell foam at all. Sheets of rigid foam over the top of the ribs (Polyiso or XPS) are less expensive and will offer far, far better insulating properties. As long as the floor is bolted/screwed in place, they don't need to be glued down and don't squeak one bit.

Registered
What @JohnnyRambles said! No fill strips and rigid 1/2" poly-iso (or XPS) would be better, way quicker, and cheaper. There is no need for fill strips with rigid foam. It's very strong and does not compress into the valleys (I've checked mine many times). BUT mini-cell is not rigid, so fill strips would help prevent differential compression across the floor ribs.

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You started out on the wrong foot on this forum. You must make an introductory post before making any new posts and please remember that any more rude & insulting post directed at members trying to help you will be ground for immediate banning from the fo
If you're going to respond to this question, please address the question. I'm not asking whether to put Minicell on the floor; I'm asking whether glue needs to be removed if Minicell is used. There are TONS of other threads that debate the best underlay. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.