Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

We are looking at purchasing a Ram ProMaster Cargo Van but it has the 3 seats across the front. Is there anyway to remove a seat ? We would prefer to just have 2 bucket seats to allow for a passage through to the back and possibly have swivel seats.

Mrs.

·
Administrator
‘20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
12,349 Posts
Yes. If you search the archives you will find many posts on how to do it (either way) plus others looking to switch from buckets to a bench.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Unfortunately, if you want your airbag system to function, you have the harder end of the swap because the van will still want to 'see' the third seat. The mechanical process just involves bolts. As KOV said, the topic has been addressed a lot and people looking to swap both ways are fairly common. Post or keep an eye out in the classified section for someone local if you want a stock seat. It may be more convenient to just find a 2 seater if you haven't purchased it yet though

·
Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
1,029 Posts
Banned the other poster since he/she rather not make a intro post and argue about it.
But I save his/her post for others:

I have found a fix for the sensor issue, you need to pull the hall effect sensor out of the middle buckle and wire that to the red and black wires, the yellow and black pair is the pretensioner. That can be replaced with a 2.5ohm resistor, the last is the seat occupancy sensor on a seperate plug, that is a 400ohm resistor.

I haven't found a way to completely remove the middle buckle hall effect sensor from the equation but it's relatively small and can be hidden easily

1 - 4 of 4 Posts