Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find anywhere on how to remove the Ram Emblem from the front grill. Found the part on mopar parts site but no instructions on how to install or remove. Parts diagram shows a couple of holes in the grill behind the emblem but is not clear as to what the holes are for and the diagram does not show any screws. But are there mounting screws or is it just adhesive? All the other removal info I found concerning the Ram Emblem was for the side and rear doors and all referred to adhesive mounting and no other mechanical fastening.

Would like to change this emblem to a custom made emblem but don't want to change out the entire grill as some on this forum have successfully and very nicely done. Anyone successfully removed this grill emblem without marring the grill with pry marks? I don't see how to get fishing line underneath it. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ram-CHRYSL...blem-Badge-Nameplate-1ZP19DX8AA-/182633349444

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
I just heated it with a hair dryer and pried the edge with a plastic tool. Slooooowly it came free. The round Fiat emblem from a Fiat 500 nearly fits, just needed a bit of trimming. It is only held on by double sided tape no bolts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was thinking of doing the same, cleaned off rest of emblems with braided fishing line, plastic pry tools, wax/buffer. Would like to find a scull badge to replace rams head....but it's just a thought! I will use the hair dryer trick....it's just tape!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I had a similar thought. I’m considering removing the badge, making a mold of it out of silicone and casting a clear acrylic or urethane copy. Then I can embed an emblem made of vinyl or something similar. Or split the mold in half and secure the two pieces with magnets, so I can change it at will.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a quote from these guys out in California for 1 custom badge to take the place of the grill emblem on my PM. Sent them a drawing. They needed me to send them the badge removed from my van for guaranteed fit. Made from aluminum billet chromed finish with my custom graphic $305 and 8 to 12 week wait. Non refundable. Passed on it, don't want anyone holding my bucks that long as they wanted full payment before starting on it.:|

1 - 9 of 9 Posts