Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a single leg, removable table with a low footprint when table is removed. Any recommendation would be appropriated.

Here are some examples I like from Outsidevan:

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
Easy enough to make one for next to nothing. Just buy the leg which is a readily available RV part and cut a top to whatever size you like.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
There's a type of table post that locks in place and is not recessed into your floor. Only sticks up about 1/2" above the finished floor and locks in tightly...no big flange like the one pictured on the bottom of the table. Then, follow KOV's thoughts above!

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,126 Posts
Hi,
I built a table for our van just as KOV described with the leg and metal socket from an RV place. Table top made from birch plywood with hardwood edge trim -- looked quit nice.

We used it for one trip and decided it was more trouble than it was worth -- always seemed to be in the way.

We now just use some flat trays that sit on your lap and slide under the mattress when not in use.

Especially if you decide to do without the table, its good to have some cup holders that can be used when in the eating area.

Gary

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
They have two kinds of bases, the raised one and also a flush one you do have to cut a hole in the floor for the flush one obviously but if you have a raised wood floor it's not a problem. Google is your friend :)

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Dinette table that hinges up and can be removed then. Single leg folds. We leave it in place but can remove it. Cost was about $30 for the folding led and wall bracket. The rest was scrap from the build.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
The base I was referring to is a low profile surface mount base... unique interlocking design... no recessed hole in floor, just 3 or 4 screws to hold it to floor.

If you Google "Sequoia table leg", you will find lots of places that sell it.

For my build, I prefer a 2' × 4' folding table with adjustable height and center post for easy slide-in.

Ed

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
892 Posts
No need to make your own. Home Depot sells hardwood glue up tables in various sizes. Rectangle and round. The small round is less than $10. As for the base just get the cheapest pedestal base on Amazon. They all work great.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
We are planning a removable pedestal table that uses the swivel seats, both turned aft at ~135 degrees. We'll also extend the cab floor level a bit, similar to RD's. Anyone have that configuration? Does it work OK? Leg room, getting up to fetch things, etc?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts