Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally finished my removable second row seating installation. I now have 3 fully removable leather captains chairs, with dual individual armrests, integrated seat belts, and built-in extending foot rests.

I only keep 2 installed usually. When I go for longer trips, I pop in the third. Pardon the insulation, missing bolts, and the unfinished midship partition, it's a work in progress. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
Love the diamond plate trim. Do the seats live on permanent pedestals, or do they come out completely?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like it's rear facing. It's actually a midship partition that is reversed. I'll post another pic.
The seats are not on pedestals, they click on to the strikers in the floor. They are a little lower then I would like, but the pedestals that I originally fabricated were too darn heavy.
Since the seats are mainly for my kids, they actually are a perfect hight.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Those are the Toyota Sienna seats, correct? Can you share more please about how/where you found them and how you did the mount? I've only ever seen the plate mounts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found them on eBay. They were brand new pull outs from a company that converts mini vans to handicapped vans. I fabricated the striker (the part that the seats clip on to)bracket from 1.5"x2" steel c channel and strong u bolts. I was able to bolt the channel through the main beams (not sure if the official term) of my PM.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am familiar with the brackets from mg. if you hunt around you still can get them, but your seats won't be removable.
I made the brackets myself using u bolts and c channel.
The rear strikers are kindorf square u 3/8" grade 8 bolts. The front ones are regular 1/4" Us from HD. I will be replacing them with heavier duty ones when I can find square grade 8 bolts that are 1/4" thick.

It was very challenging to get it all perfect, but with a little patience it all will.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks Arch. I think I understand. I'll digest it more when I get the seats I just ordered and can look underneath them. There are also options like this on ebay that should work if there is enough metal in the right spot. I like the removable option however. Very clever.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Arch,

Nice job! They look solid, and the removable part is a bonus.

I was wondering if you have had any discussions with insurance regarding kids in those seats. Seems like adults can sit on almost anything, seatbelts or not, but I've read a lot of RV threads about transporting kids.

If I put together what you have, I would be confident that those seats aren't going anywhere, but I wonder about insurance/legal issues.

Ed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need seats like that

Looks exactly what I want to do.
You did an inspiring job.

Can you post the seat seller's name?

I looked on ebay and didn't find any. It may be that they sporadically show up.

Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The floor is from a local upfitter. It's actually a resin covered plywood. It's nice, but if I were to do it again, I would get my floor from legend. I think theirs is the same material but more of an exact fit, and made from one isngle piece. (At least that is what they told me)

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can use rear seat from Honda Odyssey 2002-2004, they removable and very comfortable.
You can find a lot of them used in great conditions.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe i will replace OEM driver seat with this one, full electric. I will see if it compatible.
I still have my Ody 2003 and they are very comfortable.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts