Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an aftermarket remote starter installed yet? Wondering what parts were used for integrating with the factory immobilizer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im going to be very upset if I cant get a remote starter! Im going to make a call to a local place here and inquire. I'll post what they say.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I saw on another thread, a link that listed late option availability dates. It seems to me that factory remote start is supposed to be available the second week of July. I am hoping that I can get it as a dealer installed option on my PM that is supposedly shipping 8-14-14. In most cases there isn't much wiring necessary for remote start if the vehicle had it available as an option. I'm hoping for new fobs and a little programming and insto-presto, we'll see.:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still nothing available... it would be possible to get the vehicle to start by giving up one key.. remote would have to be hidden in the dash and integrated into the ignition system so the van starts and keeps running.

·
Registered
238 Posts
so if you didnt wanna wait...you'd lose a $120 key...and about $300 in labor and electronics...and you'd have to drag around an additional key fob...but you could start your van with your smart phone which would be neat

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought a new PM just over a week ago and had the dealer throw a remote start in to close the deal.They are having a Phython remote start system installed and also had to order an extra key to be installed in a modual under the dash. I left the van at the dealer tonight for the install tomorrow. Will give update asap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No update yet!! Dealer has had my van close to 2 weeks now and says it will be done Monday..Being told they had to order another key again, due to the first one being programmed wrong. Almost 2 weeks with out my PM but its supposed to be OK cuz the dealer gave me a loaner "car"..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got my van back a couple days ago and the aftermarket remote start works great. Did end up with another key fob from the dealer since they had to use my single key for the modual hidden very well under the dash.

·
Registered
810 Posts
AVITAL Model 4103L
Remote start installed today. 240$ total from Custom Sounds in Bridgeton, MO
They used my valet key under the dash, so I had to give that up.
Lifetime warranty on parts and install.
They have been there for at least 20 years.
It works great and Im happy!.
ps.. and yes.. I now have an Avital fob to carry on my key ring.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts