Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to order a 2016 very soon. Looking thru the 2016 brochure there is an option for "Remote Start". When I spec the truck he tells me there is no code his system. I have asked him to check on this for me but you guessed it, he forgets everytime he calls to find out if I'm still interested.
Does anyone have and inside line on this? Maybe someone is in the know.
Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would be interested in an aftermarket device if anyone's heard of it for the diesel.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I also was looking for a remote start for my Diesel Promaster, but dealer only has it for the gas engine. I contacted a company that sell aftermarket remote starter, and they also have a kit for the gas engine. They say they are working on a model for the diesel, that might be available by spring 2016. It's because of the manual transmission on the diesel model. They have to figure out something to prevent it from starting in gear !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer does not have remote start for gas yet. It does show the option in the 2016 brochure, however there is no option in the dealers system yet. My salesman has an email into district rep to check availability but as of now no remote start. Let you know when I hear.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Interesting, I will look in to this. Seems they are in Montreal.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Search here for available interface module:

ttp://idatalink.com/search/search?vehicle_make_id=47&vehicle_year_id=2015&vehicle_model_id=996&vehicle_id=19334

I'd go with Compustar and the blade module.

·
Registered
114 Posts
With a system like the idata HC2352AC would you still need to carry the factory fob around? I'm considering installing it but thats something that concerns me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not a deal breaker I suppose. What I should have asked is could you carry the key and not the fob?
Also, I notice in the idata manual stats that you can remote start the vehicle with the PM factory fob by pressing the lock button 3 times. Does this work for you?

·
Registered
67 Posts
i don't know if i can start my PM with factory fob, my PM parked far away from my house about 200-500ft.
i carry 2 fobs all the time. i will try to start PM today with factory fob.
p.s. idata start fob is up to 3,000 feet of operating range

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks Klorman.
I just purchased the idata remote starter. Im going to do the installation myself. Ive done them before on a few other vehilces I've own in the past. Reading through the instructions it actually seems easier to do now. We shall see!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Thanks Klroman for the phone number. We have a Vitro-Plus here in Mont-Tremblant. Will give them a call !

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks Klorman.
I just purchased the idata remote starter. Im going to do the installatio cablen myself. Ive done them before on a few other vehilces I've own in the past. Reading through the instructions it actually seems easier to do now. We shall see!
Install my Idatalink system was a major pain and it's still not 100%.

You do know that you'll need to program the starter to the van with a special cable and online account?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Catalin did you install the Idatalink system yourself? If you did it yourself, were you able to buy it from a supplier there or online and if so where? I used to live in POCO and Aldergrove but now live in Langdon Alberta just outside of Calgary.

A quick search for this system shows that the closest distributor for me here is in Edmonton, which you know is way too far away! Any advice is appreciated as I really need to get an alarm/remote start to keep my tools safe and to be able to warm up my PM when it's -25C

·
Registered
12 Posts
Catalin, if you got your system in the Lower Mainland please let me know where, if you don't mind. I'm flying out there to visit family in early February and if you sourced it locally I might pick it up while there. Thanks very much in advance! Cheers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks ProRam.

I checked EBay Canada and unfortunately it shows that the sellers are shipping from the US. Been burned in the past by importer fees, shipping and exchange rates bringing stuff in from the US. A $100 item after all the duties, fees etc. can end up costing $150-160 quite easily!

Better for me to locate a Canadian distributor with all this in mind.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts