·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: BillMac

·
Registered
808 Posts
The font threw me for a second, I thought it said ‘sweet van’. Millenials unaccustomed to those groovy 70’s fonts might think the same.

But I remember...

I gave a girl a ride in my wagon
She crawled in and took control
She was tired as her mind was a-draggin'
I said get some sleep and dream of rock'n'roll

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At our wedding, my best Man's folks lent us their custom Ford van to be our "Limo" from the church to the reception. Brown shag interior. Great wedding pics!

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Awesome thread! I was born in 1984 but my parents got married in the 70's. Here is my Dad's van.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
1975 Dodge Tradesman

Hi All,

This pic was taken either at Watkins Glen, Limerock, or an off-road race in Springville NY in 1978.

My 1975 Dodge Tradesman was a 3/4 ton powered by a 318 ci V8 complete with side pipes, 3 speed on the floor and some motor work.

Inside I had captains chairs on swivels, insulation covered by paneling and shag carpet on the floor--of course!

Bean bag chairs were in the back flanked by Avid 60 speakers powered by the best stereo I could find.

This was also my first sunroof install. Had lots of fun in this baby!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,544 Posts
Had a few good times in this--when it ran, which wasn't often. Nothing more exciting than loading the kids up and heading out for vacation, then seriously breaking down before you get out of the county.

Except for my son, I wouldn't mind some selective amnesia that blotted out the whole decade of the '70's--not a good one for me. The present decade is tons better, especially with a PM that runs.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,546 Posts
Hi All,

This pic was taken either at Watkins Glen, Limerock, or an off-road race in Springville NY in 1978.

My 1975 Dodge Tradesman was a 3/4 ton powered by a 318 ci V8 complete with side pipes, 3 speed on the floor and some motor work.

Inside I had captains chairs on swivels, insulation covered by paneling and shag carpet on the floor--of course!

Bean bag chairs were in the back flanked by Avid 60 speakers powered by the best stereo I could find.

This was also my first sunroof install. Had lots of fun in this baby!

Mike
MM,

My Tradesman was a '72. While you were headed to Watkins Glen and Lime Rock, I was the track photographer at Lebanon Valley Dragstrip in my van. I used to crouch down a few feet in front of the Christmas tree to get the good shots!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts