Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been faithful to chevy for the last 20 years but seeing how my chevy express has been giving me more than few issues now. I might just have to jump ship on what is better for my business. The 2014 Dodge Ram Promaster will be coming with this Chysler Penstar engine, I'm going to be smart and question the reliability before anything happens. What do you guys know about the Penstar engine? Is it reliable? Would you buy it and depend on it?

·
Registered
386 Posts
The engine has been around for a while. Just take a look

• 2011–present Chrysler 200[8] (Models: Touring, Limited, and S)
  • 2011–present Chrysler 300 (Models: 300 Base, 300 S V6, 300 C w/ V6, 300 C Glacier Series w/ V6, 300 C Luxury Series w/ V6)
  • 2011–present Chrysler Town & Country (Models: Touring, Touring "L", Limited, S)
  • 2011–present Dodge Avenger (Models: SE V6, SXT, R/T)
  • 2011–present Dodge Challenger (Models: SE, SXT, SXT +, SXT Rallye Edition)
  • 2011–present Dodge Charger (Models: SE, SXT, SXT +, SXT Rallye Edition)
  • 2011–present Dodge Durango (Models: SXT, Crew, Crew Lux, Citadel)
  • 2011–present Dodge Grand Caravan (Models: SE American Value Package (AVP)or Canadian Value Package (CVP), SE, Crew, Crew Lux, SXT, R/T)
  • 2011–present Dodge Journey (Models: SE American Value Package (AVP) or Canadian Value Package (CVP), Crew, Crew Lux, SXT, R/T)
  • 2011–present Jeep Grand Cherokee (Models: Laredo "E", Laredo "X", 70TH Anniversary Edition, Trailhawk, Altitude Edition, Limited, Overland, Overland Summit Edition)
  • 2011–2012 Volkswagen Routan (Models: S, SE, SEL, SEL Premium)
  • 2012–present Fiat Freemont (Models: Freemont)
  • 2012–present Jeep Wrangler (Models: Sport, Unlimited Sport, Sport "S", Unlimited Sport "S", Freedom Edition, Unlimited Freedom Edition, Altitude Edition, Unlimited Altitude Edition, 70TH Anniversary Edition, Unlimited 70TH Anniversary Edition, Sahara, Unlimited Sahara, Moab, Unlimited Moab, Rubicon, Unlimited Rubicon, Rubicon 10TH Anniversary, Unlimited Rubicon 10TH Anniversary)
  • 2012–present Lancia Voyager (Models: Limited)
  • 2012–present Lancia Thema (Models: Base)
  • 2012–present Ram Cargo Van (Models: C/V Base, C/V Tradesman)
  • 2013–present Ram 1500 (Models: SLT, HFE)
  • 2013–present Ram ProMaster

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Chysler Penstar engine has been around for a while now in different variations. The Penstar engine is actually one of the best engine offered in the U.S. market and won numerous amounts of awards. I wouldn't worry too much on the reliability. It's pretty bullet proof if you ask me and the amount of power your get from this v6 is incredible. Within the Dodge brand, the 3.6L Pentastar V6 is the standard base model engine in the Challenger, Charger and Durango while serving as the premium engine in the Avenger, Journey and Caravan. The Dodge Dart is the only current Dodge model not to come with the Pentastar V6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
BoxGrove2
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing