Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the regular power folding and heated mirrors, and the channel between the windows on the driver's door blocks the very outside part in my driving position. I am currently looking to buy a new ProMaster and a lot of them have the wide mirrors and I'm wondering if that channel will block more of my view of the mirror?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Its irritating that both my mirrors are partially blocked by window frames. Seems that was not considered by designers because there is space for a minor tweak that would fix that regardless of how tall you are. Don't know if the wide mirrors would be better but they are butt ugly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My ProMaster came with wide mirrors and I was annoyed that the additional width of the left mirror was mostly blocked by the window channel. I was also nervous about hitting something with the mirrors and I didn't really need the extra width, so I switched to standard mirrors. Your seat position will affect which part of the mirror is blocked, but I think that part of the wide mirror will be blocked for a person of any size. I like my standard mirrors.

·
Registered
184 Posts
When switching from wide to standard mirrors, were you able to get the power features (adjustment, heat, power fold-in) working OK? Is the chassis pre-wired for both types, and it's just plug-and-play, or you needed to add a harness(es)? Was there any dealer programming involved?

·
Registered
221 Posts
When switching from wide to standard mirrors, were you able to get the power features (adjustment, heat, power fold-in) working OK? Is the chassis pre-wired for both types, and it's just plug-and-play, or you needed to add a harness(es)? Was there any dealer programming involved?
Power Adjust and Heat work fine on the new mirrors. I didn't have Fold to begin with. I spent a lot of time online figuring out the correct mirror part numbers to buy, so that I would get the functions I wanted. I don't think the vehicle is wired for any functions that were not originally available. (Different mirrors have slightly different harnesses.) If you have the correct mirror, it is plug-and-play; no programming required. I think I spent less than an hour on each mirror swap. Some of the wires were a little awkward to reach/detach/re-connect, but it wasn't too bad. I broke a latch on one harness, but, otherwise, it went well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts