Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am buying a promaster 159 brand new from dealer to convert into a camper van.

I spoke to insurance, and was able to insure it as personal, and have extra stated value insurance.

I am now looking on how to finance/register it as a personal vehicle. Credit unions I spoke to wont do commerical vehicles (and they know its commercial after putting in the VIN). I tried PenFed - no go. I heard maybe lightstream would work?

Any feedback?

Also, I live in NY, if that provides any clarity on getting registered as personal vehicle. It will have rear seating with seat belts as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like in nY, my promaster (because it will have rear seating) is allowed to be a passenger vehicle!!

Modifications that change a registration from 'Commercial' class to 'Passenger' class

Vans (Part 106.3 (d)) - you can register it in the 'Passenger' class if the van has

at least one side window behind the driver, and
at least one seat or set of seat fittings that is installed behind the driver, or
camping equipment that is installed behind the driver.
'camping equipment' indicates that you have a permanent bed, a permanent stove, or a permanent refrigerator in the vehicle
if this equipment is removed and you use the van, you must register the van as a commercial vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I have mine registered as a pleasure vehicle in NH and I have a loan on it as a personal personal vehicle (not commercial) in Vermont from a Credit Union following full disclosure about it when borrowing and registering. No Problemo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts