Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regen light came on while at the dealers never saw one in 15000 miles. This was after service for check engine light related to turbo control. As to whether the bcm update or his work or as they said it being normal I got no clue. The diesel Mechanic said when the lite comes on I should drive until the lite goes out I say how many miles, he say's I think 7???? let me look. He was trying to say 70. I say my 7 miles from town to home not enough he says no. So he gets on the puter and starts looking and like the rest of us all he can find is what the light is for, but he says he'll look into it and have a rep call back. And my official regen light did go out at 19.5 miles driving at 70mph from the dealer this was with a stop for cheap fuel at 4.5 miles from the dealer. My dpf temp reached over 1000f this was the highest temp I have seen from my scan tool. My scan tool in the past the regen temp's were only in the 800-900 range. My two previous regen's were incomplete so could this just be a super clean burn. I'll see if the regen light comes on at the same time as my scan tool at next regen by scan tool.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the report. I didn't even know there was a light! I have been just driving when I hear the high pitched fan noise and it seems to take about 15 minutes to go away, but now I maybe I'll see the light ;)

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
No light on mine. I try to never interrupt the regen for just the reason you mention but w/o a light it is sometimes hard to know one is happening until the van stops at a light or in my driveway. I wish the light cam on each regen.

Reactions: johnnybesurfing

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think the regen light only comes on when the van has tried a few regens, but they don't get completed due to the van getting turned off, or if there is a problem ...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went through a regen the first after the one with the light at about 280mi and no regen light came on. So as speculated the light comes on after a few incomplete regens. This regen took 20mi at 68mph to complete and of course the regen completes just after the exit I need same thing on the 4th. That's 8mi out of route àt a cost of $1.0128 in fuel and weartear at .1266cents per mile. On I was kind of worried no lights on the dash , but I feel better today CHECK ENG LIGHT is back on. Something to do with anti lock breaks so nobody stop suddenly in front of me cuss I'm rolling through.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My second regen light at 24,400. Seems to happen after a visit to the dealer. What's up with that anybody else? My normal reg the cat temp reaches in to the 700+deg, when the light comes on the temp reaches 1000deg.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OBD FUSION, android device and a wifi or blue tooth dongle. Ram only releases 26 pids for the Promaster . For Cat temp you want to check catalyst temperature( bank 1 sensor 1). If you can put a custom pid in your device this one will give you a percent at about 75%, reg will start. This custom pid works for fusion some mods may be need for other tools.
http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15681&stc=1&d=1443976091

1 - 11 of 11 Posts