Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck goes in to regen about weekly and I can tell by how it sounds and smells. Should there be a light illuminated on the dash to tell me it's in regen? So far there is not a light.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
No indication unless you interrupt several in succession then you get a message to keep driving for 20 minutes or something similar. If you interrupt one it’s ok but then be sure you are driving for 30 minutes or so next startup. I wish they had an indicator. My ODB2 software has PID’s but I have yet to find a regen one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad there's not supposed to be an indicator, one less light to look down at while driving.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have noticed my regen has two ways it does it: the periodic that will go for about 15 to 30 minutes and what I call the extended. The periodic comes on every couple of weeks or so. On the extended I get a light on the dash that looks like a diagram of air blowing through a filter. Under the extended it may go for several hours or during several days depending on my driving habit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles was your first "extended" regen? I have around 23,000 miles on it now and haven't experienced that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have little over 10,000 miles. The extended regen has occured twice: one at around 5,000 miles and the most recent at 10,000. It looks like it is about every 5,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Never had that long regen nor the light. Now have 44,000 Mi. Seems odd. I wonder what is going on? Anyone else seeing that light?

31. Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
When the light illuminates solid in the EVIC, the filter loading is above the specified range.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,494 Posts
Every time after I visit the dealer the light will come on, just as I pull into my driveway. They say they don't do anything but it only happens after a dealer visit and they plug their scanner in. Normal Regen on my van happens about every 300 miles city and about 600 miles at 65 mph going faster than 65 is a longer distance between regens from what I have seen, your mileage may very.
OBD fusion has a dpf capacity % when capacity reaches 75% regen should start, as I stated should and not will. When regen is done the % will go back to single digit. On the highway I have seen the capacity over 85% without a regen from reading the 3 dpf exhaust temp sensors and then back to zero for a fresh start.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep, that is the light. I do all city driving very short distances. I suspect that is not the best for the regen. I probably should get the van out on a highway trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts