Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2016 136 HT Gasser
67 Posts
+1 to all the above AND gloves, tyvek coveralls, a warm jacket, good footwear, eye protection, hand cleaner, rags/paper towels and a big bright flashlight. Think worse case scenario, i.e., it's getting dark and the rain is turning to sleet. Paranoid? Perhaps. Prepared? More so than not.

·
Registered
2016 136 HT Gasser
67 Posts
Wheel hangar pins? How have I never learned of these before? Brilliant! Thank you, Baxsie.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a set of GoTreads after getting stuck in the mud. I like that you can fold one end down under a tire without having the entire length of a flat traction board sticking up in the air. Because they fold up they won't work as a bridge, but I really don't see any of the cheaper traction boards being used that way with what our vans weigh.

I haven't used them for an extraction yet, but they do work well folded up to use as levelling blocks, and they don't take a lot of space. They fold into 4 sections, so you can get 1, 2, 3, or 4 inches of lift depending on how out of level you are. Made in the USA and a lifetime guarrantee.

The other item I consider a must-have is a headlamp - no more trying to hold a flashlight with one hand or in your mouth when you're trying to work on something!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The tire change wrench that comes with the PM is very weak -- I twisted mine right in half.
I carry a 2 ft breaker bar with a 6 point air wrench socket now.
Checking that the gadget that lowers the spare actually works once in a while is good also.
Great advice Gary; what size socket do the lug bolts take? and is your breaker bar 3/4" drive?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,086 Posts
Hi,
Its a 13/16ths socket.
Its a 6 point socket, so more bearing area on the lug bolts than a 12 point, and its an air wrench socket, so its a little more heavily built.
Its a half inch drive, which seems to be enough, but I suppose a 3/4 inch would have a lot more margin.
My breaker bar is probably 40 years old from Craftsman.

Gary

·
Super Moderator
443 Posts

·
Registered
2014 PM3500 159 EXT high roof, 3.6L Gasser
15 Posts
@zwarte, could you please tell me/us a little about your winch setup? How its mounted, what brand etc?

I forsee needing one of those...

Also thise trac grabbers are nice, definiteñy an upgrade to putting a ratchet strap thru the wheel

·
Registered
343 Posts
@zwarte, could you please tell me/us a little about your winch setup? How its mounted, what brand etc?

I forsee needing one of those...

Also thise trac grabbers are nice, definiteñy an upgrade to putting a ratchet strap thru the wheel
You can find parts on his post here:

I love the setup but it's too much $$ for me on something that I will rarely used.

·
Registered
2014 PM3500 159 EXT high roof, 3.6L Gasser
15 Posts
Thanks for linking, jut found that thread too. i agree, its spendy... for the US i likely will not need it, but once i venture into mexico and points south, one can't have too many self recovery options.

After reading the thread and going to van compass, i now want everything they have available (except for maybe the hammock mount)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts