Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a new one... I can push the Recirculation button or A/C button on, they both will work, but will just turn off on their own 5 minutes later. Tested repeatedly, it does the same thing. Until I take it to the dealer. The service tech did not have an answer. Anyone else experience this?

Registered
What mode do you have your air control in? For example: In any of the partial-defrost settings the van thinks its smarter than you and turns the recirc off after a period of time (think this happens in foot-only mode too?). In pure-defrost it wont even let you turn recirc on. I want recirc to help melt ice outside the windshield in the morning - nope, can't do that. I haven't had my AC turn off though but I've only run that in the full CCW top vents mostly. FWIW, My last two cars (different manufacturers) had similar 'features'. Of course my Ford truck, in their infinite wisdom馃槼, don't even give you a recirc or AC button (as it chooses to run the AC on many modes that aren't even labeled AC.)

Super Moderator
Here's a new one... I can push the Recirculation button or A/C button on, they both will work, but will just turn off on their own 5 minutes later. Tested repeatedly, it does the same thing. Until I take it to the dealer. The service tech did not have an answer. Anyone else experience this?
Just a guess but it may have to do with defogging the windshield?

Registered
When driving the high-pressure air the van is shoving out of the way does infiltrate and provides fresh air pass through but the A/C needs to do the same thing when vehicle is parked, so no locked on recirculate. A/C will stay on indefinitely - recirculate will not as a safety thing, they attempt to introduce 'X' amount of fresh outside air (over time) into the occupied interior as a health and safety feature.

Registered
... from the manual fwiw ...

Registered
I've never owned a vehicle that you could use the recirc feature while the airflow is switched to windshield.
I never researched it or thought something was wrong. Just assumed it had to do with fogging the windshield. Because every vehicle was like this.
My last several vehicles, the switch couldn't even be partially on defrost. You had to select floor,dash vent or any combo other than defrost.
Other than user error, the only other thing I can think that might cause it to shut off is if the cabin air filter is clogged and it has some type of sensor. But I'm not sure if these vans have anything that fancy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The selector has been on feet, or upper, not Windshield Defrost mode. Back to the dealer....
3 visits and they can't get the TPMS light to go off, they haven't even attacked this issue yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts