Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
No warranty? I'd be under the impression they're related and make the dealer fix it. At least the diagnosis. I can't even get a cable, but can't say you're lucky considering. Dealers nearby say they're allotted a single cable per week, so the final recalls at that rate will be completed sometime in 2045

·
Registered
5 Posts
No warranty? I'd be under the impression they're related and make the dealer fix it. At least the diagnosis. I can't even get a cable, but can't say you're lucky considering. Dealers nearby say they're allotted a single cable per week, so the final recalls at that rate will be completed sometime in 2045
I was lucky they had the cable but they also said there is a recall on the cooling fan which is on back order.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Here's the Shifter Cable Procedure.
Based on this caution, I'm guessing the original installer may have kinked some of the cables.

And this makes it all better,

·
Registered
355 Posts
My clock, which I don't believe has been set to anything meaningful in my whole period of ownership, is roughly the least of my satisfaction based concerns.

Despite a clock being on my cluster, I will look at my phone if I'm curious of the time - because I am a creature of habit, no matter how dumb the habit may be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The restriction was loosened and there are more parts in the network now. If you'd like some help getting a part let us know.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Here's the Shifter Cable Procedure.
Based on this caution, I'm guessing the original installer may have kinked some of the cables.
View attachment 64094

And this makes it all better,
View attachment 64095
There isn't always a kink in the cable. We suggest having the repair done no matter what.

If you need help with parts, feel free to let us know.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
The restriction was loosened and there are more parts in the network now. If you'd like some help getting a part let us know.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

There isn't always a kink in the cable. We suggest having the repair done no matter what.

If you need help with parts, feel free to let us know.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Kaitlin, what are your thoughts about transmission going out at 69,000 miles and immediately after the shifter cable replacement?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Finally had the cable replaced yesterday. The job took them 1.5 hours, no other issues were found.

Mike

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,334 Posts
Finally had the cable replaced yesterday. The job took them 1.5 hours, no other issues were found.

Mike
Just think if your van is one of the 100,000+ you can take it back when cooling fan recall is in your inbox it has been released 6/30 in the US and 6/29 in CA. The vans on the lot, get first lot for the fix and then the rest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a letter about the cooling fan NHTSA Recall #19V-818 today. Trying to schedule service at recalls.mopar.com is almost unresponsive. :-\

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I got a letter about the cooling fan NHTSA Recall #19V-818 today. Trying to schedule service at recalls.mopar.com is almost unresponsive. :-\
Best contact your preferred dealer service department directly. Mine told me FCA makes them order the parts as needed. They will give me a call once they have them in hand. It's been two weeks so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got a recall on my 2020 PM. Side air bag curtain may not properly inflate. Yay!
If you would like us to help set up your appointment, feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and dealer.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took a 26 minute phone call to the FCA Recall Assistance Center 1-800-853-1403 to get the open recalls scheduled. Earliest open appointment is 2 weeks from now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just had both recalls done (cooling fans & trans cable) at my Ram dealer after problems of not receiving ordered parts from June 2nd. Received text stating parts were in and serviced on July 21st.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN

·
Registered
16 Posts
I received the recall letter for for W00 (shift cable) about 9 months ago and the dealer said they'd call me when the part arrived to schedule an installation date. I never received any follow-up call on that recall. Last week I received a letter for the VB2 recall and called FCA to ask about it. They said they now had parts available for both recalls and conferenced me with the dealer to schedule the appointment. Labor estimate for the shift cable was .5 hours, and 1.5 hours for the fan. Dealer took 48 hours to perform the repairs. You mileage may vary.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts