Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I thought that recall started over a year ago and recently they decided it applied to all PM's. That was when they added the 14s to the list to make it ALL gas pm's right up to the new ones.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I don’t think ‘20 s are included. At least I haven’t got a recall on it yet
Correct, the recall notice says "2014 through 2019".
Both this one and the cooling fan recall (2015-2018) are still stalled waiting for parts.
Better guard that 2020 of yours, KOV. :devilish:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe they'll sell some 2020's as parts vehicles? ;-)

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 2018 has two open safety recalls, I think it’s time to put some pressure to get these fixed. Please call the number below and/or file an online complaint. Let’s make some noise!

Do a VIN search at the government website for your details. NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner,please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

Manufacturer Recall NumberVB2
NHTSA Recall Number19V-818
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
SummaryA cooling fan stall / seizure event could lead to electrical overloading of the fan motor potentially resulting in the thermal degradation of the brush housing, which may lead to a vehicle fire.
Safety RiskA vehicle fire may increase the risk of injury to occupants and persons outside of the vehicle, as well as property damage.
RemedyReplace the engine cooling fan module.

Manufacturer Recall NumberW00
NHTSA Recall Number20V-036
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
SummaryThe transmission shifter cable could separate, disconnecting the transmission shifter from the transmission, which could result in the inability of the driver to shift the transmission potentially resulting in the gear shift lever position not matching the transmission gear.
Safety RiskIf the transmission shifter becomes disconnected from the transmission, the vehicle may not perform the shifts intended by the driver. Unintended vehicle movement may occur which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning and/or injury to others.
RemedyFCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall to replace the transmission shift cable.

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner,please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Anyone else here looking at this companies parts as a solution?

For about $30 shipped, could be a good part. I ordered one and will report when it comes in.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Got the aftermarket bushing in the mail today. That company sends them out quickly. Busy this afternoon, but I'll look at it tomorrow. If my old one seems loose or is damaged in any way, I'll pop this in. If the old one is OK, I'll keep it in the glove box as a spare.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Finally got to my shift cable bushing this afternoon. Doing a bunch of Spring cleaning on the van, so I took a look into it. You can see and access it from opening the hood. No need for ramps. Mine was still very firmly attached and I could not pull it free by hand. I took that as a good sign and will carry this new bushing kit with me as a spare. Looks like a 10-15 minute job to replace. Not a big deal at all unless you are stuck without one somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts