Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, anyone else feel like the shifting got really screwy with one of the recent recalls? I don't have the paperwork in front of me or i'd give the description. feels like 1-2 is harder than before and between a couple others it feels like it almost stutters, like it's confused if it should be shifting? just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

secondly i'm looking for a tuner and was wondering if anyone has any experience with one for the promaster? I found one from the U.K. that seems pretty legit but still not sure if it would be worth it? i'm already expecting that it would void any warranty left regardless of what their website says.

https://www.chipexpress.com/products/4478/

·
Registered
428 Posts
Does the use of these devices increase pollution?
Does the use of these devices violate federal law because they tamper with the emissions?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
If your diesel is one of the good ones I would not mess with it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I commented here (and was immediately shushed by one of the turboposters) when I got my first update that it had dumbed down a sort of European tune the 2014's had been delivered with; trying to describe the difference is difficult, less snarl between shifts and less hustle to get shifts accomplished, a bunch of loss of pedal control to make the powerplant into more of a generic USA thing that I can only assume ALL the late model diesels were being delivered with. IIRC my build date was Nov 2014.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts