Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please upload some reasons for "going big"

Even if you don't like the looks or ergonomics of the ProMaster one thing you can't argue is the fact this van is enormous in the cargo department.

Here is one of the many reasons I have chosen the PM. The Chevy Express is just not practical or functional anymore. This photo was before picking up material.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
The interior cargo height and affordability compared to the Sprinter is why I bought the PM. Hopefully I will be able to keep things a little more manageable as time goes by with the additional space and some good shelving.

Snapped this picture of my 2000 Ford 250 after a long week. (Not really....pretty much looked like that all the time.)

True confession.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got tired of towing a trailer. My PM 159 WB High Roof has as much room as my 12 foot extended height trailer had! It's positively cavernous in there (so glad I got the extended wheel base, not much bigger in appearance outside than the 136 but that extra 2 feet inside makes a huge difference)!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I "ordered" one to replace my 118wb, low roof Sprinter. The Sprinter spoiled me, seeing how I can just about stand up straight. It makes my past vans, Ford's and Chevy's seam like crawling into a cave. I never thought of the Sprinter as good looking, but then I didn't buy for looks. My biggest complaint is that it sucks in the snow, or anything else slippery. I have even got stuck on wet grass! Service has never impressed me either. When I started looking for a new van, I first looked at the Ford Transit. But then I found out that it wouldn't be out until 2015 and was being re-worked into a rear wheel drive and figured that it too would have zero traction. Then I saw an add for the Promaster and when I saw it was front wheel drive, it was love at first sight. Is it as ugly as a Sprinter? who cares, its gorgeous on the inside. What good are looks if you have to crawl into it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The PM will replace my Chevy 3500 with Spartan supreme box, it has side boxes on both sides and I can stand up inside. I don't care much for the side boxes, too much unuseable space after they are loaded. I ordered sliders on both sides of the PM, Ranger aluminum folding shelves between the doors. I will be able to use the PM to replace my 3500 and my pickup. If it ever gets delivered! I also expect the fuel economy to be 2-3 times what I get in my 3500.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine will be used as a "toy hauler". Fits 2 motorcycles inside and I can stand up (ducked head - ordered low roof) while loading or unloading them. Lower floor than the rear-drive vans so easier loading and unloading. I can sleep inside - no more tent.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Driven an E250 for last 12 yrs.... shopped for a sprinter. Then came across the PM when i saw one on the local dealer. More bang for your buck !! The Rest is history, now just hurry and wait for my order to be built:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
What does the Promaster have over the NV in your opinion?

I've got my corporate competitive advantage reasons but want to hear what you guys actually think.

Edit: Sorry about the name, poorly thought out. Don't want to be seen as a troll, just looking for sales insights.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The full-size NV? Those have abysmal real world gas mileage. The ratio of "interior space available to driveway space used" is not as good (and this is critical, in my case). Load floor height on the NV is same as all the rear-drive vans - too high.

·
Registered
259 Posts

I've got my corporate competitive advantage reasons but want to hear what you guys actually think.

Edit: Sorry about the name, poorly thought out. Don't want to be seen as a troll, just looking for sales insights.
Looks shouldn't mean that much but I just don't like the looks of the NV, to me it looks cobbled together from more than one vehicle. IMO the PM looks sleek and well designed - especially the high roof version (just got mine last week) - if I have to look at this vehicle for years to come, I want to like what I'm seeing!

·
Registered
473 Posts

A load floor longer than 10 feet! I need at least 12 feet and a few inches. Lower load floor. Better fuel mileage. Sharper turning circle. And arguably better looking. The Nissan is hideous. I could accept hideous if it served a function but there is no reasonable explanation for the NV to look like it does. Poor packaging. Ineffective use of space. It's like someone said I need a van but don't want it to look like a van. There you go...

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm going to use the PM as a toy hauler/camper for motorcycles & mtn bikes. At 1st I was thinking some sort of popup trailer. My rav4 doesn't cut it as a tow vehicle so I was looking at what was out there & in the pickup world there was nothing out there that was very fuel efficient. No small diesels. One of the best tow vehicles for a light trailer is the Sprinter. So I realized if I'm going to have a Sprinter I don't need a trailer... I've been looking for a used sprinter but the prices are nuts and the ones < $20k are pretty beat up. With the rust & servicability issues of the sprinter I decided PM looked better even though I'd rather buy a used vehicle. PM better than Transit due to FWD and lower floor. I'd need to go with the 110 in high Transit to get the head room that we get in the 100 in PM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It replaces my 98 Astro cargo van. I would have bought another Astro, but they quit making them. I have several rental houses, and with my wood working hobby and eigtheenth century reenactment hobby, the PM fits the bill perfectly. Seems like I'm at Lowes a several times a week to pick stuff up. It's nice to have a dry place to lock up tools and supplies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts