Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for help finding a basic no frills rearview mirror. When I bought my 2017 2500 it did not come with one. I just finished installing windows on both rear doors by doing so I now need one. My Google searches have been fruitless. Does anyone know of a source for a rearview mirror that will fit?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,582 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,702 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ProEddie, Thanks for the information my local dealer actually had one in stock. I went and picked it up this morning. Removing the cap from the mount on the windshield was easy. One would assume that the mirror would go on equally as easy. Unfortunately for the life of me I can not get it installed. The metal mount clip on the mirror is extremely stiff. But that is not the biggest problem I'm sure with a bit persuasion I can get it to lock on. The problem is that given the angle of the windshield and the position of the mount. With the mirror in place it there is not enough adjustment to be able to position it to see out the rear window. I have held the mirror in every conceivable position on the mount and in none of them can I see out of the back windows. Unless I'm doing something totally wrong I just can't see any way that it will work. The mirror arm just doesn't seem to be long enough nor will the pivot ball on the arm allow for enough movement of the mirror.
ProEddie can you verify that the mirror you purchased was in fact part # 57010393AC and that you were able to install and use it. The mirror I purchased (part # 57010393AC) is a basic plain mirror just like I want. One thought I was that perhaps there some sort of an adapter needed.

I bought a spare one from eBAY so I could hack around with the mount on the original one... easy to find an not very expensive!

Like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-OEM-Windshield-Mirror-Assy-57010393AC-/162501906488

Mopar parts number:
57010393AC

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,702 Posts
Pb,

I did this a long time ago, so I dont recall but that should be the right one. Could it be that you have to rotate the mirror 180 degrees on the ball mount before trying to attach it? Not sure but that might be something i remember...

To actually turn it onto the glass mount, I wrapped a pair of channel lock pliers in a towel and used it to twist the arm onto the stub.

Ed

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! ProEddie for the channel lock tip - it worked like charm and the mirror is installed and it will work well. I had thought about using pliers twist the mirror on, but dismissed it with the thought that I might apply to much torque and snap off the mirror mount. A classic case of over thinking the problem - thanks again!

Pb,

I did this a long time ago, so I dont recall but that should be the right one. Could it be that you have to rotate the mirror 180 degrees on the ball mount before trying to attach it? Not sure but that might be something i remember...

To actually turn it onto the glass mount, I wrapped a pair of channel lock pliers in a towel and used it to twist the arm onto the stub.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts