Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,091 Posts
Don’t forget washers also. Anything is doable with enough money and skill. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it if I had a need for it (but I don’t personally). Of course you would need a unit for each door they could be wired to work together. You could probably find a lot of different options in a junk yard to play with.

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
I have mirrors and a back up camera.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think it might be easier to coat the back windows with a high quality glass treatment that is easy clean and water repellent. Would still require occasional cleaning, but they would stay much cleaner.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
... the thread I linked is more about mpg vs clean rear windows ...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, found that out, but that's helpful too since minimizing mpg loss is important - it's why I don't plan a deck or other large obstructions on the roof, and if/when I get a solar panel I'll likely glue it down flush and mount an angled deflector on the leading edge. After more searching around for "van rear wind deflector", etc, there's just not much out there (nothing listed for Promaster) which I find a little surprising since I think they would sell.

It looks like I'll have to make or modify something to fit, which brings up the mounting issue. I wouldn't trust any kind of tape or adhesive to keep it off the windshield behind me, and drilling holes up there for what amounts to a 'redneck engineering' project on a new van doesn't sit well with me. Like RD said 6 months ago, "I have mirrors and a back up camera", so guess I'll live with it for now and see what I can find down the road.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have an interest for fuel savings only

I have full metal back doors (no glass) & an electronic rearview mirror

I just bumped a different thread that has rear spoiler & other ideas chatting / grousing

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fuel savings is always good. On following lsd673's link to another link, I came across this about air tabs: https://www.promasterforum.com/threads/i-installed-air-tabs.49993/ Like so many of this type product, there may be a little science but not much evidence of any benefit, at east not on a scale we would notice in our daily travels. Might keep the deer away though. ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts