Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the windows in the back of my van and have two ideas floating around in my head.

1. Cover the silly opening above the window with some paneling and call it good. Create a nice quilted window cover with magnets.
2. Cover the whole **** rear door with some panelling with a square cut out for the window and some nice trim.

I like two because it minimizes the cold metal against my head, I like one because it's easier. Two also allows for some better sealing between the doors. I did a similar thing on my sprinter, and I think it was a good idea? I don't know, I sold it pretty soon after and before it got cold again.

Sprinter, imagine this with tweed:

Clean(ish) slate:

What have ya'll done? Pictures!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm planning to do option #2 on mine. That's the way I've finished my past vans and still like the approach.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am going with sleeping side to side. I like the windows. Promaster is wider so side to side isn't a problem. Just make some small custom panel or cubby in the space above the door. Sorry, no photos yet.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I bought a sheet of 1/8” black ABS plastic, cut the shape and used screws to fill those upper openings. I have the interior upper and lower factory panels so it matches them very well. I also did the top of the slider door. I guess that is closer to #1 . I bought “sunshades for all the windows, custom made for my camper window install.
See:http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2017-D...ash=item25cc799c08:g:XxMAAOSwpDdU~h69&vxp=mtr
http://search.store.yahoo.net/yhst-...omaster&vwcatalog=yhst-16851555716622&x=0&y=0

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like those sunshades, way less than some of the other ones I've seen. Would be good template/starting points to add some fabric color on the inside to make them more "homey"..

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
My question is for number 2. Do you panel the whole door in wood so the seal comes down on the wood? or do you give it 1/4 inch so the seal still goes to the metal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts