Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is the rear view mirror cap held in place? for those of us w/o rear view mirrors? i want to pull it off but i dont wanna break it...it doesnt wanna come off nicely...is it glued on?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't know for sure on the PM, but on most vehicles the little metal puck is held on with an adhesive. If you work at it from the edges with a single edge razor blade, you should be able to get it to pop off. Whatever you do, don't just pull at it. I had a car that I was stripping out to run in an enduro race. I just pulled at the mirror and a chunk of the interior glass delaminated and chipped out. Not that it mattered on the race car, but missing chunks from your PM windshield wouldn't be pretty or cheap to fix.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nooooooo....i dont want to remove the puck...i want to remove the black cover OVER the puck so i can access it possible to make an ipad mount with it

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Twist 90 degrees counter clock wise at the base and pull.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
So, the $64,000,000 question... Clockwise or counterclockwise? Inquiring minds want to know!

I have few few ideas for that spot if I can get the mirror off. Very tight in either direction, not sure which way to put more effort into it

Ed

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think I turned mine counter clockwise. FWIW, notching a length of 1/2" PVC allows it to slide over the ball that the mirror attaches to, then secure it with a hose clamp. This forms the basis for attaching mounts for electronics. I mounted my rear view camera display, using this method.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I think I turned mine counter clockwise. FWIW, notching a length of 1/2" PVC allows it to slide over the ball that the mirror attaches to, then secure it with a hose clamp. This forms the basis for attaching mounts for electronics. I mounted my rear view camera display, using this method.
Matfam,

I thought about a 7" rear view monitor too. A picture of yours would be helpful!

As they say, "a picture is worth..." - your picture of the van lighting you use is impressive. Must have taken that picture the day before "Clean Out The Work Van Day" ! just kidding!

Ed

·
Registered
36 Posts
Matfam,

I thought about a 7" rear view monitor too. A picture of yours would be helpful!

As they say, "a picture is worth..." - your picture of the van lighting you use is impressive. Must have taken that picture the day before "Clean Out The Work Van Day" ! just kidding!

Ed
Pics are here

The only thing out of place in that pic is the stuff on the floor near the back door. I think I took that pic about 4am on a all night service call.:)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Looking at the RAM mount adapter for the rear view mirror. Anyone use it?
Nice mounts. Thanks for mentioning them. I think I'll pick something up from them. The "RAM Flat Surface Mount with Universal X-Grip® Holder " should fit next to my Clipboard mounted GPS quite well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts