Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
New to this Forum. I took the rear speaker panels off to see what size speakers I need to up grade my sound system. I pryed off one panel and the metal clips that hold it in place went flying behind the wall panel. Tried for an hour to retrieve them. Thinking forget with this, I went to local Ram dealer and told the parts dept what I was looking for. They tell me the clip IS NOT AVAILABLE by itself, I have to buy the WHOLE upper speaker panel. Whats this about? You cant tell me this is the way they do this. Anybody know anything differant?? More Later.....Ted

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
338 Posts
Yeah, that's the way they do it! Had a 1995 Neon that the shifter cable bushings were worn out. Dodge dealer could only get the entire cable assembly. Somewhere around $200. Found replacement bushings on Ebay for $5.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recall seeing a youtube video showing removal. Same issue - clips went flying. Can't recall if the poster found new ones... I think the link is in one of the stereo upgrade threads here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did the same thing, and ended up pulling all that plastic out and recycling it. Had I known those little clips would be useful to anyone, I would have saved them.

Did you try a magnetic picker-upper?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same thing happen with my panel clips.
I just used the two screws to hold the panels in place and I have not had any problem.

I found that I don't need those crazy disappearing clips!

Alan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up putting just a dab of clear silicone on the corners. I was getting a rattle when the speakers would hit a low note and when I would be on rough road. It drove me crazy. No biggy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts