Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get some diamond plate or aluminum door sills for the rear and side doors? I was looking for ones with a bend for strength to go over the edge. My upfitter put on cheap flat aluminum strips that are worthless.:eek:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have a plan to use 1x1 aluminum angle on mine. do you have any pictures of what your trying to accomplish?

·
Super Moderator
10,681 Posts
You can gets of aluminum profiles at Home Depot or Lowes. Just look in the flooring or hardware dept.

·
Registered
468 Posts
home depot and or lowes should have aluminum angle or a channel that will cover it as keeponvaning said. you could also get a metal j-bead got drywall that would cap the plywood but it may rust over time if not pained properly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can probably find a threshold in aluminum that might work for you at a hardware store, Walmart or any big box store. Cut it to length & substitute sheet metal screws for the crappy wood screws that may or may not come with the threshold. I can post a ic of mine if that helps.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Those lower edge black plastic door roller striker plates are not very tough at all, an inattentive forklift operator will tear them off like they're cardboard. Someone here 14 or 16 months ago showed how they used a full width 1/4 or 3/8-inch aluminum plank close fitted to them to reinforce them while also protecting the sill. I wish I'd done that as one of my first mods, I have the left rear door one held on by double sided tape after the riv-nuts tore out of the stamped sill sheet metal by 'Joe Retiree' volunteer operator at a non-profit where I was also volunteering my time & truck...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked in Home Depot but found nothing worth mounting. Legend fleet solutions has some nice diamond plate custom ones they make, but I can't seem to connect to their website to find a dealer here, or even a phone number. I could drive over to Ontario to their factory in an hour, but would like to at least call them. Anybody have it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did manage to mount the rest of my shelving from American Van though. Good quality shelving. Everything is mounted to the walls. Nothing went through the floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I looked in Home Depot but found nothing worth mounting. Legend fleet solutions has some nice diamond plate custom ones they make, but I can't seem to connect to their website to find a dealer here, or even a phone number. I could drive over to Ontario to their factory in an hour, but would like to at least call them. Anybody have it?
I have a legend mat in the back and it came with nice diamond plate thresholds for the passenger slider and rear doors. There's enough of a turn down that it should cover up the edge of your plywood nicely. I ordered from Inlad truck and van company. Maybe they'd sell the aluminum thresholds separately. Their number is 1-800-377-5652.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts