Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have set of rear seats for three people designed for the RAM Promaster City van. Complete with safety belts, floor carpeting etc. Very good condition. $425 plus shipping. Dave Redmon in Manhattan, KS
785.4ten.9double01.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have set of rear seats for three people designed for the RAM Promaster City van. Complete with safety belts, floor carpeting etc. Very good condition. $425 plus shipping. Dave Redmon in Manhattan, KS
785.4ten.9double01.

I might be interested in this. I am about to purchase a promaster city van used and it doesn't have seats. I don't care about the color. Would I need to purchase any special brackets or do anything special to install them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My rear seats and safety belts have everything you need to secure them into place. Nothing more is required except removing the steel plate in Tradesman cargo models installed after Fiat Chrysler removes the seats on the East Coast to avoid the "chicken tax". With no rear seats, the PMC is then classified as a truck taxed at lower rates. Or so the story goes.

But removing that plate will require some help--either an auto body or auto glass shop. With an air tool, the rivets and tough adhesive holding this all down come right out. If later you want to put this stell plate back in place, hardware stores or Amazon carries jacknuts which can then be permanently mounted in the old rivet holes. These nuts then allow use of hex bolts which hold the plate in place. --Dave Redmon

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I'm a noob when it comes down to all of this. Do you think I could bolt over the steel plate? I'm not planning on removing the rear seats ever. I'm definitely interested in the seats. How much do you think shipping will cost to 76148?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, plate's gotta come out before seats can go in place. Sounds complicated, but it's really not if you're patient and follow the steps I outlined. I think it may be worth it--if you need legal seats.

Shipping costs? I seem to remember it costing me about $100. The seats and safety belts and flooring are maybe 75 lbs and were placed into a stout wooden crate by the salvage yard I bought them from. I'm at 66502. Maybe you can get an estimate from a shipper like UPS, FedEx etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts