Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Diesel PM, 2015, 2500 hi-top
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right rear light assembly got "nudged" slightly by a trucker who manuevered around me too close while I sat in line at a truck stop. Fortunately, only a rear right plastic covering assembly got cracked and the stop light popped out. A new OEM unit is $160 plus at least one mth's slow mail from ?Italy? Since I had good luck with Ireland's ****'s Garage online in a previous order for a driver side exterior mirror, I ordered the Ducato driver-side unit (reverse over there) for $102 and that includes shipping within one week. My dealer just installed it at no charge, and although it looks fine and fits perfectly, the top and bottom red lights are reversed! so my stop and running lights are reversed, but I'm still legal. I might order a Ducato left passenger side unit if the asymetry bugs me, but doubt it. Instructions for install:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGDzbMsYjnk

I got this unit:
Fiat Ducato 2011 Onwards RH Rear Lamp
http://www.micksgarage.com/search/tail lamps/fiat/fiat ducato/ducato bus 2006 onwards

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe you have the rear fog lamp being used as your stoplight, if I remember correctly, all stopping lights should be the lower one around the globe. I believe it is a transportation standard for a set maximum distance from the ground/road in countries where they actually thoroughly inspect vehicles every few years. The rear fog light (not an option/not required stateside and no one seems to know how or when to use if they are equipped) is located high on the driver side taillight asymbly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, I investigated further and found this about rear stop lights: They are required to be fitted in multiples of two, symmetrically at the left and right edges of the rear of every vehicle.
So, I have a required annual inspection coming up this week, let's see if they'll pass me or not, to be continued .. .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on rear assembly lights. Although vehicle manufactures are required to make those lights symmetrical on left/right side, Texas' annual vehicle inspection checklist only requires that all lights work properly, so I passed inspection, horrah! My next project is to tow with a 7-pin hookup and check if trailer lights will work properly or symmetrically? Will report back . . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts