Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this issue? When I put it in reverse I get the constant "beep" of close proximity even when there is nothing behind the van. At first this started intermittently but now it seems like most of the time. Anyone dealt with this?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
....and tonight no constant on buzzer...I have no idea what is causing it. They are clean and no different than they were this AM when they buzzed constantly when I was in reverse. Mystery...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Does it just seem to be a morning thing? Maybe morning dew has one of them saturated? Then it totally dries out later in the day?
just a guess.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Has anyone had this issue? When I put it in reverse I get the constant "beep" of close proximity even when there is nothing behind the van. At first this started intermittently but now it seems like most of the time. Anyone dealt with this?
Yep, I had the problem and it is with the read door auto lock. The lock in failing and the signal is sent showing the door open then that triggers the constant buzzing. After a day or so if this the lock quit working completely and I have to use the key (sucks). FCA knew about the problem but the parts take long to get. I have made the dealer aware on 5-10-15 of this problem and my side slider cable stretching making the door difficult to open. I called them two weeks ago and they were waiting on one of the parts, which on I am not sure. The part delay worries me the most, what if it is a critical component next time???? The radiator was leaking and that took a month to get AND it is still leaking.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting...Rear door auto lock. It's weird for me that I'll do nothing with the back of the van and sometimes the buzzer goes on and other times nothing. No morning dew where I live. It's very dry.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine fell off back in bumper about 6 times. The last time I had the dealer glue them in. It has been fine since. When one would fall out it would constantly beep in reverse then stop after a few times and a warning light would come on.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It also happens if you are pulling a trailer or have a cargo platform in your hitch. There is a way to fix this if you have factory wire harness for trailer connector, and there is also a computer upgrade that needs to be installed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It also happens if you are pulling a trailer or have a cargo platform in your hitch. There is a way to fix this if you have factory wire harness for trailer connector, and there is also a computer upgrade that needs to be installed.
I have the same problem, but it happened from the first day without a bike rack installed.

Now it will occasionally not beep which is weird, it's totally random, and it is annoying.

I have the factory harness.

What's the fix??

·
Registered
167 Posts
There is a pin change in the parking module harness and a software update flash. See your dealer.
Mine didn't do it right the first time when they installed the mopar hitch and wiring so they fixed it by doing that.
The software flash is not mentioned in the wiring instructions (as I recall.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts