Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2014 PM, the latch system is messed up. White latch will not disengage unless via inside handle. Looks like the panel is simple to remove via the plastic rivets.

Just outside of my expertise. Who/were would be a good option to have it fixed - a stereo shop, hmm? Would take a try at it myself I guess.

The actuator dying would make sense, but even the key not working has me worried.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
1,425 Posts
D'oh.

I went to replace my "non-working" rear door latch. As I cut away the foam insulation to make clearance so I could remove the latch I realized that I had pressed the edge of some foam sheets against some linkages I had not noticed.

Once I cut away the foam, everything works great.

I will have to see if I can return the replacement part I bought.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baxsie - says that latch isn't a match for my 2014 PM; will learn from you first and do some digging in the door before I buy a replacement.

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
1,425 Posts
Baxsie - says that latch isn't a match for my 2014 PM; will learn from you first and do some digging in the door before I buy a replacement.
That is my lot in life - - to be a bad example :cool:

Interestingly, after I placed my order they emailed me separately and asked me for the VIN of the vehicle. So apparently there might be some different options over the different years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts