Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on a job with my rear doors open. It was a breezy day. I came back to my van with the rear doors swung all the way open and a dent in my quarter from the door handle. There are no stops on the doors or the van sides to prevent the rear doors from causing damage when swung fully open like the other brands. Has this happened to everyone here? Is Chrysler too cheap to put some door stoppers on? Any suggestion on fixing this problem?

·
Registered
625 Posts
There are stoppers, but they're built into the hinges. The momentum of a swinging door easily flexes past where its supposed to stop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just seems like the door hinges are way to flexible and the doors always want to swing out past my level of comfort. I guess I'll have to keep them shut from now on, but that will require a lot more opening and closing to get things out.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,588 Posts
some solutions

http://www.readingbody.com/product/ready-van-sl/

google
SPRING ROD DOOR HOLDOUTS
dorman door check
door check strap

or tie a rope from the van to the door and attach a spring from the middle of the rope to a spot above the hinge point, the spring can reduce the shock on the rope when the wind gets the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts