Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyone's rear door lock and unlock with the factory remote? Mine only works with the key. :confused:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine works with the remote now that I got a new one. Some members have mentioned that if the rear doors aren't closed completely they won't lock. I was trying to figure out why my rear doors wouldn't lock and the whole thing quit working. Dealership ordered a new one and reprogrammed everything and now it all works. They mentioned that the "PDC" was locked up. Took them 6 hours to figure it out!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, yes I noticed that I have to slam the door quite hard but I don't hear any kind of activity in the rear door when pressing the remote. All the other doors work fine...

Guess I'll have to see the dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Door locks

First my rear door quit, now the passenger door. Something is going on with the door locks. On a positive note, the FOB has a lot longer range than our 2007 Sprinter.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a local dealer have a quick look and there was power at the lock but no action. They'll be replacing it at some point but after a couple of days it started to work again...

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
What is the X stand for, Railway crossing? Trade it/sell it. Not a good day for you.
I have two things wrong with mine, Brakes squeal and hood open light on.
Doors work perfect.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My door locks...ALL of them work great,
I did have to adjust the bottom 'catch' on the drivers rear door to get it to catch right. Simple fix with a torx socket,.
Also all the slamming of that door i figure caused my license plate light warning indicator in the dash togo off.
I got the cover off the bulb and found that the festoon bulb popped out of its copper 'rings'.
All is well now..
Tomorrow I go in to get 1 more headreast and the heated mirror wiring harness..
Now that it's cold out, I find that my mirrors do NOT heat up even though I have the correct button on the controls.
The rear window defoggers DO work, but not the mirrors.
I told the service that they'll probably find that the wiring harness they are scheduled to replace will most likely NOT even be there to start with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can not open my side door. I can hear the power lock not sure what it is doing if anything . Doesn't mater weather I try from inside or outside . Any ideas? Was going to bring to dealer but road got closed this morning due to weather...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My side door is having issues again as well... this has to be another recall at some point.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I can not open my side door. I can hear the power lock not sure what it is doing if anything . Doesn't mater weather I try from inside or outside . Any ideas? Was going to bring to dealer but road got closed this morning due to weather...
whats with the weather??
Could be that its frozen?
Ice got in the jambs?
Did it open just fine before?? (Freezing)??
I say park it with the side door facing the sun for a few hours and try again.. try and get it to thaw if frozen.
Good luck

·
Registered
886 Posts
I ran into another PM owner yesterday. We chatted and he told me inside his rear door, the cable going to the latch, came unsnapped from its plastic retainer from slamming his door a lot. When it happened, door would not open, despite being able to hear the solenoid doing its thing. He showed me plastic cover on door hiding the clip holding the cable.

Suggest popping the plastic cover and looking inside. Cover is about 4x6 inches. Might be your problem. He added duct tape to make sure his cable didn't pop loose again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have in my heated shop so not frozen only opened it maybe 3 times before it quite opening. Almost done with modifications in cargo area so hopefully will get it to dealer Thursday . I opened the black cardboard panel on inside of door everything looked all good there....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts