Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Ram Promaster and the last few days have been sporadically getting a "Rear Door Open" warning (Along with a chime) even while the doors are securely closed. It's freezing cold up here so I haven't put a lot of time into looking, but I can't find any buttons or obvious sensors on the doors that might be out of line. Does anyone happen to know where they might be? Are they built into the latch? Or could this be an electrical issue? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
It’s in the rear door latch. There have been a few posts on it. If you search they should show up. As I recall there are 2 wires that go to the latch that signal if it’s closedor not I think it’s all interconnected with the BU camera trigger wire.

·
Banned
1 Posts
If you have automatic door sensor, then you are disconnecting the sensor, it automatically stops working. And if you have not found your switch then cut off the wires, your garage door is not working. You can repair your sensor and easily activate again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have searched and searched. I do not have a door locking issue, just a door open chime. I am having the extremely annoying DIC chime beeping with Rear Door Open message. I CAN'T TAKE THE BEEPING ANYMORE! I have lubed all locks, adjusted rubber bump stops on slider but NOTHING is working. I want to either cut the wire or disable the chime. Does anyone know where the chime is located, how to access, or how to shut the chime OFF? Please help I'm going crazy...

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,597 Posts
Ducato forums mention the rear door center latch mechanism like KOV posted. Adjusting the striker plate/bar usually fixes it.

then again

·
Registered
115 Posts
OR,

There's a good chance the wire harness in the rear passenger side door has a break in it. That harness has the wire that signals "door ajar"

Especially possible in an older PM

see this: Wire breakage in rear doors
proeddie - in reading your post link, I see back in 2017 you had the same issue as I do. My door locks work fine, I am just getting the incessant beeping from Rear Door Open message on DIC. I will certainly look at the wiring to see if I can find anything out of sorts. I really just want to disable the **** speaker where that beeping comes from as it does me NO GOOD anyways. As long as my doors lock, I don't care about my DIC flashing a message, but obviously would rather have it properly working if able. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,494 Posts
Make sure the gray cam gear in the rear cargo door lock is working the light should turn off when pushed in two clicks. It could be broken or missing. For the side door there is a plunger on the c pillar with the contact points that needs to be pushed in and this could be broken or missing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Make sure the gray cam gear in the rear cargo door lock is working the light should turn off when pushed in two clicks. It could be broken or missing. For the side door there is a plunger on the c pillar with the contact points that needs to be pushed in and this could be broken or missing.
This is a great idea you gave. I did take off my panel to expose to interior of the rear passenger door to see what I could see. I took out the three torqx bolts to the latch mechanism, but it is held in by the cable so did not pull all the way out. When i moved the latch from Open to Close with a screwdriver, it seemed pretty "loose". Meaning it did not feel like the was much resistance from any cams moving inside? Not sure if I would feel that anyways, but it was pretty free to move. I suppose complete lock/latch removal is needed for further investigation. The problem is I don't know if it's my Slider door or Rear door? There's no way to see how far the plunger piece on the slider is going in when it's closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts