Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't find this issue, apologies if I missed something. Getting a message rear doors are open on the DIC when they are closed. Inspected and tested the RH rear door wiring harness, its OK. LH rear door bottom latch was not engaging the metal loop/striker(?), the latch appears to function OK.I actually clearanced the holes on the striker with a dotco to allow me to move it back and to the right, and this allowed the lower latch to close. Didn't fix my problem, however. at this point I'm thinking the problem is in the main rear latch/lock actuator on the RH door. Basically, anyone else have this problem, how did you fix it and is the latchuator piece where the door closed sensor is?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I searched and didn't find this issue, apologies if I missed something. Getting a message rear doors are open on the DIC when they are closed. Inspected and tested the RH rear door wiring harness, its OK. LH rear door bottom latch was not engaging the metal loop/striker(?), the latch appears to function OK.I actually clearanced the holes on the striker with a dotco to allow me to move it back and to the right, and this allowed the lower latch to close. Didn't fix my problem, however. at this point I'm thinking the problem is in the main rear latch/lock actuator on the RH door. Basically, anyone else have this problem, how did you fix it and is the latchuator piece where the door closed sensor is?
I am also getting the Door Open message on my DIC sporadically when I am driving. I get the beep and message flashes intermittently. Did you find a fix for your issue to make this problem disappear?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts