Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got new 2016 PM. Left rear door has license plate nylon mounts that exceed standard plate mounting hole pattern width. Is this for some type or Euro or Mexican plate? Is there an adapter to bring the hole pattern in line with US standard? thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,677 Posts
I would check with your dealer. There may be a bracket that was left off at the factory. Mexican plates are the same configuration as US plates, Euro plates are not.

Do you have the black plastic plate bracket the license plate attaches to? It is just screwed into the plate with a very short screw on my van

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plate adapter

There is a plastic adapter that snaps into the 4 plastic sockets. Adapter converts plate hole pattern to US. Was not in vehicle at time of delivery. Salesman going to take one out of another unit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 3500 EXT didn't have a license plate mounting bracket either...I bought one at http://stores.revolutionparts.com/stevewhiteparts.com/
Part number #68223757A (License Bracket) $26.02. I was so confused thinking it was some weird Euro style license plate prep. When I got the mounting bracket it fit over the plastic inserts on my van and I was able to put the license plate on, no problem. The part came with the necessary screws and installation instructions for the bracket and my license plate. Hope that helps!!! The website has everything you could need for a Promaster... keep it handy if you find more odd omissions to your vehicle.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,491 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts