Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2018 high-roof 1500. When I drive for any length of time, the rear door seems to settle in to a ridiculously tight latched state which causes me to cringe each time I pull the outside handle. I can swing the door open and reclose it, only to find it latches and opens like the day I took it off the lot.
Has anyone else experienced this ‘ratcheting’ action on the rear door latches?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Not sure if it's the same, but I occasionally have to use two hands, one to push on the door and the other to pull on the latch.

·
Registered
250 Posts
... mine has not done this, however I do push on both rear doors routinely when I can to ease the strain on the mechanism ... on the sliders I use the handle to unlock, then grab the edge to slide - thinking it will ease the strain on the handle part... only a maybe if the strategy is worth while lol ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if it's the same, but I occasionally have to use two hands, one to push on the door and the other to pull on the latch.
I tried the push method this afternoon and it eased the pop. Now I just need to figure out why and how to stop it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Robo, I had the opposite problem with my 2017 high roof... the rear door latches (stops) would get loose and the doors would rattle while driving and let water in when it rained heavy. I had to adjust the fixed door stops and and use lock-tite on the screws. I imagine you could do the same for your issues... sounds like your stops and latch are set too far back into the van.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Replace door latch (not handle) and cables for the door that’s giving you problems. That should cure your problem. It’s a common issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts