Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014 PM 2500, the rear drivers side door won't latch at the bottom unless I push the little black bottom latch the the final 1/8" to the open position and then use two hands and make an effort to make sure I push it towards the bottom of the door.

The top latch closes fine. The passenger door latches at the top fine and into the drivers door properly. Only the bottom latch on the drivers door is difficult to latch properly.

Is this pretty standard? Is there a fix for this?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,495 Posts
There were TSBs on all the door latches, side and rear. All mine were replaced under warranty. That said, I'm still having the passenger rear work loose at the bottom. MrNomer has tightened it and needs to tighten it again.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll go by the dealer and see if the work has been done. I had a transmission replaced back in August. The dealer looked at the entire service record of the van and didn't say anything. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My driver's side bottom latch does the exact same thing. I moved over the latch and receiving metal loop some and it will close without having to manually open the latch, but I have to close it pretty hard and it visibly bends over the lower catch loop some. Not a good solution. Manually opening up the latch is better. I guess I'll check for a tsb. I was just denied any warranty repair for the radiator leaking. My vin isn't under the tsb.

I ordered another latch with cable and accidentally ordered the upper one so I can't verify if just replacing the latch will fix it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts