Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I noticed this morning that the driver's side rear door on my PM 3500 (Winnebago) wasn't latching at the bottom as well as it should and that when both doors were closed, you could see light through a gap along the lower center where the doors meet.

Went down to the dealer and it turns out there's a TSB or whatnot and they are ordering some parts to correct the issue.

So, take a look at your's. On mine, you can wiggle the bottom part of the door about 1/2" in and out. It's secure and it locks, but it ain't right.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I noticed this issue on my 2014 when it was a few months old also. The dealer made some adjustments that made it a lot better if not perfect. I don't think there was a TSB at that time though. I haven't noticed any further problems.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,531 Posts
Just had that addressed a couple of weeks ago. An adjustment of the loop on the floor may have fixed the problem, but I may also have a sticky latch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I didnt have an issue with the rear doors but i just got my van back from the dealer and might be taking it back. I was told they rplaced the ltaches under a recall or something. The rear doors make so much noise now going over bumps at low speeds, they never made any noise before and opened and closed fine.. None of my other complaints got fixed and one part is on back order..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got a call from the dealership informing me that some of the required parts are back-ordered. This might take a while but at least they're on it.

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
I complained about this before. When I was at La Mesa RV looking at a new Travato 59k I noticed the rear door catch was different than mine. It shut nice and tight with zero play. I'm going to take it to the dealer to have them swap out the hardware.

·
Super Moderator
10,199 Posts
I didnt have an issue with the rear doors but i just got my van back from the dealer and might be taking it back. I was told they rplaced the ltaches under a recall or something. The rear doors make so much noise now going over bumps at low speeds, they never made any noise before and opened and closed fine.. None of my other complaints got fixed and one part is on back order..
My rear doors were rattling so much I couldn't stand it. With the help of a friend we drove around and discovered the rear doors were moving up and down, rather than in or out, and just by adjusting the top and bottom spacer on each door it has pretty much gone away unless I'm on a really rough dirt road. All we had to do was slide the adjusting stops out a tiny bit so they hit the nylon pads on the frame a bit more. You need a T20 wrench I believe to loosen and tighten the two screws on each spacer.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
KOV- its a T40

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My rear doors were rattling so much I couldn't stand it. With the help of a friend we drove around and discovered the rear doors were moving up and down, rather than in or out, and just by adjusting the top and bottom spacer on each door it has pretty much gone away unless I'm on a really rough dirt road. All we had to do was slide the adjusting stops out a tiny bit so they hit the nylon pads on the frame a bit more. You need a T20 wrench I believe to loosen and tighten the two screws on each spacer.

Mine don't rattle, but I just came back from camping where I rode on an "improved" road for 3-4 hrs at about 10 mph. It was pretty rough and maybe I just loosened something up that could be adjusted back into spec. I think I'll take a look back there and see what I can see but since the cargo doors are a known issue with FCA, imma let them get the parts and fix it how they see fit.

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
I tried this adjustment and it's not the solution.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My van was at the dealer for coolant loss and coolant smell from front of van and a thumping noise comming from the drivers front strut area.. They couldnt duplicate the noise or find a coolant leak but hey we installed new hardware on your rear doors. Now i have to turn the radio up in town to drown out the noise that I never had before.

Service Dept did give me a good laugh tho

Service, Did you add any antifreeze?
Me, No but should I ? "playing"
Service, Yes all cars use antifreeze
Me, So i need to refill the resivore every 14K ? "trying to make a point"
Service, It shouldnt need refilled every 14k
Me, Why are we having this conversation?
Service, Well if it drops again, bring it back
Me, Why did i bring it this time? I live an hour away so to drop it off one day and pick it up the next is 4 hours of my time
Service, Again We found no leak or smelled antifreeze..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Almost 2 months to the day, backordered parts are in. Van scheduled for service next week.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts