Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this online in a few places and I'm really interested. This would give me a step up in the back without sticking out much. Does anyone know who makes this, and where I can get one?

http://www.primetimesv.com/Products-Ram-ProMaster-Exterior-Parts.html#

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,379 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I could use something like that but it looks like the hitch would not be used anymore. This summer I plan on building a step bumper for the rear out of stainless steel and getting it media blasted to match the silver paint of the truck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just received a reply from prime time about their bumper and running boards.they want $795 plus approximately $90 SH for the bumper. It's made out of steel that's primed and baked. Seems like a nice product, but way to expensive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can appreciate it's more than you may want to spend, but as a manufacturer, I think that's a pretty darned good price for a low volume item.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Rear step bumper

Just finished making a rear bumper for my 3500 diesel. We often have to back up to shippings and didn't like how the rear doors stick out from the oem bumper when flipped opened. So I made one out of 3/16 stainless safety plate. Didn't want to have to paint it every two years as I am in a country that doesn't spare the calcium. It fits in the trailer hitch and is braced to give it more stability when backing up at an angle. (see picture taken from under the truck) It gives an extra 8 inches of protection.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts